Jessica Delbaum is a partner in the Antitrust practice.
Jessica focuses on defending multi-national companies’ mergers and acquisitions before the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice as well as coordinating the multi-jurisdictional antitrust defense of transactions. She also counsels clients on an extensive array of antitrust issues such as competitor collaborations, cartel leniency applications, and Hart-Scott-Rodino Act compliance, including integration planning. Jessica has also defended substantive merger investigations involving a wide variety of industries, including health care, agriculture, technology, mining and finance.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Jessica was an Attorney General’s Honors Program Attorney in the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice. While at the Division, she investigated possible violations of the antitrust laws involving mergers and acquisitions, the reporting and waiting requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and civil price-fixing.
- Bunge in its acquisition of Loders
- Hoya in its acquisition of Performance Optics
- Bridgepoint/Exova in the acquisition of Element Materials Technology
- Sun Pharmaceutical in its acquisitions of Ocular Technologies, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Pharmalucence Inc., URL Pharma, DUSA Pharmaceutical and Taro Pharmaceutical and in its acquisition of Odomzo from Novartis and its licensing agreement with Merck for MK-3222
- American Axle in its acquisition of Metaldyne Performance Group
- B/E Aerospace in its sale to Rockwell Collins
- Fairfax in its acquisition of Allied World
- Pall Corporation in its sale to Danaher Corporation and in its acquisition of ATMI’s LifeSciences business
- CX Partners and Capital Square Partners on the sale of Minacs to Concentrix Global Holdings Inc.
- Corning in its acquisition of Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc.
- Investcorp in its €1 billion sale of Icopal a/s to GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer
- Nokia on its sale of HERE to an automotive industry consortium
- Wausau Paper Corporation in its acquisition by SCA
- Liberty Global on its acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and on its investment stake in Lions Gate Entertainment Corp
- Citigroup on its sale of its Alternative Investor Services Business to SS&C Technologies
- Symphony Technology Group in its sale of CoreOne Technologies to Markit Group
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in its sale of Air Distribution Technologies to Johnson Controls
- Mizkan Holdings in its acquisition of Unilever’s Ragú and Bertolli Brands
- Service Corporation International in its acquisition of Stewart Enterprises, Inc.
- Major Asian industrial company in relation to non-public cartel investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and other antitrust agencies
- Fortune 200 company in an internal investigation related to pricing practices
- Danone in its acquisition of YoCrunch
- Citigroup in its sale of EMI’s music publishing division to a consortium led by Sony Corporation and Mubadala Development Company PJSC, and in its sale of EMI’s recorded music division to Vivendi’s Universal Music Group
- NASDAQ OMX in its attempted hostile contested takeover bid for NYSE Euronext and in its acquisition of FTEN
- Industrias Bachoco in its acquisition of OK Industries
- EQT/Investor in its sale of CaridianBCT to Terumo Corporation
- American Safety Insurance Holdings in its acquisition by Fairfax Financial Holdings
- Grupo Sura in its acquisition of ING Latin America Unit
- Boston Scientific in the sale of its Neurovascular Business to Stryker Corporation
- Anglo American plc in its sale of Moly-Cop and AltaSteel to OneSteel Limited
- Dun & Bradstreet in its acquisition of QED
- Industrias Romi SA in its unsolicited offer to purchase Hardinge Inc.
- Cadbury in its acquisition by Kraft Foods
- HeartWare International in its proposed acquisition by Thoratec
- Ciba in its acquisition by BASF AG
- The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation in its joint venture with Markit (MarkitSERV)
- Merrill Lynch in its acquisition by Bank of America
- Thomson in the sale of NETg to SkillSoft and in the sale of Prometric to Educational Testing Services
- Novartis in the divestiture of its medical nutrition business to Nestlé and in its acquisition of Eon Labs
- BOC Group in its acquisition by Linde AG
- Gambro AB in the sale of its U.S. dialysis clinics to DaVita
Harvard Law School
J.D., cum laude
- Articles Editor, International Law Journal
Columbia University, B.A. (Economics-Philosophy), magna cum laude
- Frequent panelist on a variety of antitrust-related topics
- Co-author of Mergers & Acquisitions in Antitrust Adviser (6th ed. forthcoming)
- Co-author of "IP & Antitrust, United States," Global Competition Review, 2016