Jessica Delbaum is a partner in the Antitrust practice.
Jessica focuses on defending multi-national companies’ mergers and acquisitions before the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice as well as coordinating the multi-jurisdictional antitrust defense of transactions. She also counsels clients on an extensive array of antitrust issues such as competitor collaborations, cartel leniency applications, and Hart-Scott-Rodino Act compliance, including integration planning. Jessica has also defended substantive merger investigations involving a wide variety of industries, including health care, agriculture, technology, chemicals and finance.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Jessica was an Attorney General’s Honors Program Attorney in the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice. While at the Division, she investigated possible violations of the antitrust laws involving mergers and acquisitions, the reporting and waiting requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and civil price-fixing.
- Salesforce in its pending acquisition of MapAnything
- GSK in its $5.1 billion acquisition of oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company Tesaro
- Dover Corporation in its $180 million acquisition of Belanger, Inc.
- Bojangles in its merger with Walker Parent
- Sonic Corporation in its $2.3 billion sale to Inspire Brands
- Intapp in its acquisition of DealCloud
- Glatfelter in its acquisition of Georgia-Pacific’s European nonwovens business and in its sale of its Specialty Paper Business to Lindsey Goldberg
- SS&C in its acquisition of Eze Software
- KMG Chemicals in its acquisition by Cabot Microelectronics
- LyondellBasell in its acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
- Bridgepoint in its sale of Pret-a-Manger to JAB Holdings
- Shiseido in its sale of its subsidiary Zotos to Henkel
- Bunge in its acquisition of Loders
- Hoya in its acquisition of Performance Optics
- Bridgepoint/Exova in the acquisition of Element Materials Technology
- Sun Pharmaceutical in its acquisitions of Ocular Technologies, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Pharmalucence Inc., URL Pharma, DUSA Pharmaceutical and Taro Pharmaceutical and in its acquisition of Odomzo from Novartis and its licensing agreement with Merck for MK-3222
- American Axle in its acquisition of Metaldyne Performance Group
- B/E Aerospace in its sale to Rockwell Collins
- Fairfax in its acquisition of Allied World
- Pall Corporation in its sale to Danaher Corporation and in its acquisition of ATMI’s LifeSciences business
- CX Partners and Capital Square Partners on the sale of Minacs to Concentrix Global Holdings Inc.
- Corning in its acquisition of Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc.
- Investcorp in its €1 billion sale of Icopal a/s to GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer
- Nokia on its sale of HERE to an automotive industry consortium
- Wausau Paper Corporation in its acquisition by SCA
- Individual in relation to cartel investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice
- Major Asian industrial company in relation to non-public cartel investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and other antitrust agencies
- Fortune 200 company in an internal investigation related to pricing practices
Harvard Law School
J.D., cum laude
- Articles Editor, International Law Journal
Columbia University, B.A. (Economics-Philosophy), magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Frequent panelist on a variety of antitrust-related topics
- Co-Author of Mergers & Acquisitions in Antitrust Adviser (6th ed. forthcoming)
- Co-Author of IP & Antitrust, United States, Global Competition Review 2018
- Co-Author of Merger Remedies, United States, Global Competition Review 2018