Jonathan (JD) DeSantis is the Capital Markets-Americas Team Leader and a partner in the Capital Markets practice.
He focuses on a variety of financing transactions, including leveraged- and investment-grade committed financings, high yield and investment grade bonds and syndicated bank loans.
JD has represented most of the major financial institutions, including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley and UBS, among others.
- Sycamore Partners’ acquisition of Belk (Bank of America Merrill Lynch / Morgan Stanley)
- Golden Gate Capital’s acquisition of Neustar Inc. (Bank of America Merrill Lynch / UBS)
- Rhone Capital’s acquisition of Zodiac Pool Systems (Credit Suisse / Bank of America Merrill Lynch)
- High yield bonds for Alliant Techsystems, Armstrong Energy, Avon, FTS International, Klockner Pentaplast, Sealed Air, Steel Dynamics, Valvoline, Vista Outdoor
- Credit facilities for Alliant Techsystems, Avon, Block Communications, Dean Foods, Drybar, FTS International, Klockner Pentaplast, Valvoline, Vista Outdoor
Investment-grade Acquisition Finance
- The Chicago Board of Options Exchange’s acquisition of the BATS Exchange (Bank of America Merrill Lynch)
- Tyco plc’s acquisition of Johnson Controls (Citibank)
- The Southern Company’s acquisition of AGL Resources Inc. (Citibank)
- Aetna Inc.’s acquisition of Humana Inc. (UBS / Citibank)
- Halliburton Company’s acquisition of Baker Hughes Incorporated (Citibank)
- Medtronic Inc.’s acquisition of Covidien plc (Bank of America Merrill Lynch)
Corporate / Private Equity Representations
- Advanced Disposal Services in connection with its initial public offering, an issuance of high yield notes and several senior secured credit facilities
- ContraFect Corporation in connection with its initial public offering
- Essar Steel Minnesota LLC as borrower in connection with a $450 million secured facility with U.S. Bank National Association as agent
- Service Corporation International in several bond issuances, including financing for its acquisition of Stewart Enterprises
- Dycom Industries Inc. in connection with an issuance of high yield notes
- NGPL PipeCo LLC in connection with $1.25 billion of secured financings, split between a senior secured bank financing and a 144A/Reg S issuance of high yield notes
New York University School of Law