David Dixter is the Head of the European Capital Markets practice and is based in the London office.
He advises issuers and underwriters, including major corporates, financial institutions and private equity clients, on equity and debt capital markets and liability management transactions, as well as on securities law and corporate governance matters.
- The underwriters in connection with Terveystalo Oyj’s €876 million initial public offering and Nasdaq Helsinki listing.
- The underwriters in connection with the €3.8 billion privatization, initial public offering and Euronext Amsterdam listing of ABN AMRO. This is the largest ever Dutch privatization and the largest ever Dutch IPO.
- Tele2 in connection with its SEK 3 billion rights offering.
- The underwriters in connection with DNA Oyj’s €474 million initial public offering and Nasdaq Helsinki listing. This transaction is one of the largest IPOs in Finland in a decade.
- The underwriters in connection with Sibanye Gold Limited’s US$1 billion rights offering. This is one of the largest ever rights offerings by a South African company and the largest ever acquisition-related capital raising in South Africa.
- Euronext N.V., as issuer, and Intercontinental Exchange, Inc., as selling shareholder, in connection with Euronext's €1.4 initial public offering and listing on Euronext Paris, Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Brussels.
- The underwriters in connection with the initial public offering and London Stock Exchange listing of Egyptian company Integrated Diagnostics Holdings plc.
- Citycon Oyj in connection with its approximately €600 million rights offering and multiple Eurobond offerings.
- The underwriters in connection with Banco Comercial Português, S.A.’s €1.33 billion capital increase and €2.25 billion capital increase through a rights offering.
- The underwriters in connection with Banco Popular Español's €2.4 billion rights offering.
- Banco Popolare – Società Cooperativa in connection with its approximately €1 billion rights issue.
- Sponda in connection with its rights offering.
- Emaar Misr for Development S.A.E. in connection with its initial public offering and listing on the Egyptian Exchange.
- The underwriters in connection with Cleopatra Hospital Company S.A.E. initial public offering and listing on the Egyptian Stock Exchange.
- Piraeus Bank S.A. in connection with its €8.4 billion recapitalization, including a rights offering.
- Nokia Corporation in connection with its US$1 billion senior notes offering and its €5 Billion EMTN Programme update and drawdown of €1.25 billion in senior notes.
- The underwriters in connection with the Republic of Iraq’s inaugural US$1 billion bond offering.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Reckitt Benckiser’s US$7.75 billion bond offering in connection with the acquisition of Mead Johnson Nutrition Company.
- The underwriters in connection with The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc's US$1.5 billion fixed-rate/floating-rate senior note offering and US$1.5 billion floating-rate senior notes offering.
- The underwriters in connection with The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc’s US$2.65 billion perpetual subordinated contingent convertible notes; the inaugural offering of US$2 billion perpetual contingent convertible subordinated notes; and US$1.15 billion subordinated contingent convertible notes.
- The underwriters in connection with Banco Santander S.A.’s US$2.5 billion registered debt offering through three tranches of notes.
Awards & Accolades
- David has been ranked as a notable practitioner by Chambers UK, which quotes him as “a practical, hard-working lawyer with strong commercial instincts.” He is also named as a leading individual by the Legal 500 UK, which references him as “top of his game in terms of efficiency and pragmatism”.
- Shearman & Sterling awarded “Equity Deal of the Year” by International Financial Law Review (IFLR) Europe for its role advising on the IPO of Euronext.
- Shearman & Sterling awarded "Finance Team of the Year" at The Lawyer awards for the €8.4 billion recapitalization of Piraeus bank.
- Named a “Rising Star” by Law360.