Jonathan Downey is an associate in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Jonathan's areas of practice include acquisition finance and real estate finance. Jonathan works with domestic and overseas banks, funds and corporates on multijurisdictional secured and unsecured corporate finance, real estate finances and acquisition finance transactions.
Jonathan has worked in London and Melbourne and has advised clients across a range of jurisdictions including Australia and Europe.
- Sponsors and borrowers in relation to the refinancing of Suomi Gas Distribution Holding Oy, Suomi Gas Distribution Oy and their subsidiaries (including Auris Kaasunjakelu Oy, the largest DSO in the Finnish natural gas market) comprising institutional term debt and bank capex and working capital facilities, as well as the establishment of a structured debt platform*
- The lenders in relation to infrastructure financing of Belgian bus business, Hansea N.V.*
- Westerleigh Crematoria Group, OTPP and USS on the refinancing of the Westerleigh Crematoria Group*
- ASX 200-listed, JB Hi Fi Group, on its AUD$650M syndicated corporate and acquisition facilities for the acquisition of The Good Guys*
- ASX 200-listed packaging company, Pact Group, on its debt facilities including AUD$800M multi-currency syndicated corporate and acquisition facilities*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Monash University, Australia
- Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia