Lee Edwards is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Lee’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and foreign direct investment transactions. He has advised Chinese and international corporations in going private, tender offers, stock and asset purchase transactions, venture capital and private equity transactions and in the establishment of Sino-foreign joint ventures.
Lee represents corporate clients including SINA Corporation, Jin Jiang International Holdings, Huawei Technologies, Sanofi, Juniper, LinkedIn, Textron and Danone, as well as financial institutions such as Bank of Communications.
- GE Technology Development in connection with its Na-NiCl battery joint venture with Chaowei Lvna, subsidiary of Hong Kong-listed Chaowei Power Holdings Limited
- Sanofi, through its Hong Kong subsidiary, Sunstone China Limited, in connection with forming a joint venture with China Resources Sanjiu Medical & Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- CDP Group Limited in its strategic investment by Morgan Stanley Private Equity Fund.
- Shanghai Siyanli Industrial Co., Ltd. (a China nationwide chain of beauty salons) in connection with the sale of its 85% shares to a buyer consortium led by Standard Chartered Private Equity (Mauritius) III Limited
- Bank of Communications in connection with its acquisition of approximately 80% equity interests in Brazil’s BBM Bank
- Jin Jiang International Holdings Co., Ltd. in connection with the acquisition of French companies Groupe du Louvre and Louvre Hotels Group from Starwood Capital Group
- LinkedIn Corporation in connection with its Chinese joint venture with China Broadband Capital Partners and Sequoia Capital China Venture Fund
- China Lodging Group in the formation of a joint venture with Accor S.A.
- Danone Asia in connection with the sale of Dumex Baby Food to Yashili International Holdings and investment in Mengniu Dairy
- IMAX Corporation in its joint venture with TCL Multimedia Technology Holdings Limited, subsidiary of the TCL Group
- Yunfeng Capital in connection with its co-investment with Alibaba Group to acquire an 18.5% interest in Youku Tudou Inc. for a total purchase price of US$1.22 billion
- SINA Corporation in the sale of approximately 18% of its subsidiary Weibo Corporation to Alibaba Group for US$586 million
- McGraw-Hill Global Education Intermediate Holdings, LLC as a member of a consortium in its acquisition, through ChinaEdu Holdings Limited, of ChinaEdu Corporation
- Sinochem International in its acquisition of a Europe- and U.S.-based specialty chemicals company from a NYSE-listed U.S. company
- Sany Deutschland GmbH, a subsidiary of Shanghai-listed Sany Heavy Industry Co., Ltd., in its acquisition of German mechanical engineering group Putzmeister
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of China Real Estate Information Corporation in the company’s going-private transaction
- Xi’an Aircraft Industry (Group) Company Ltd. in its acquisition of FACC AG
- Sanofi-aventis in the US$520.6 million acquisition of BMP Sunstone Corporation, a specialty pharmaceutical company operating exclusively in China
- Target Media Holdings Limited in its acquisition by Focus Media Holding Limited, in which Focus acquired 100% of the outstanding equity interests of Target Media, for a value of US$325 million
- SINA Corporation in its sale of its interest in China Online Housing Technology Corporation to CRIC Holdings Ltd.
Columbia University School of Law
- Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of Chinese Law, 1990-1992
Awards & Accolades
- Consistently recognized as a leading lawyer for M&A and Private Equity by major legal directories including Chambers Asia, APL500, IFLR 1000 and Asialaw.