Patrick El Hayek is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
International arbitrations on which Patrick El Hayek has worked include the representation of:
- An African transportation company in an UNCITRAL arbitration against an Asian equipment manufacturer. The dispute arises from an agreement for the supply of passenger trailers. The law of the Claimant’s State applies.
- Alverley Investments Limited and Germen Properties Ltd, Claimants in an ICSID arbitration against Romania (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/30). The dispute related to a multi-billion euro commercial and residential real estate project in northern Bucharest. The claims were brought under the Cyprus-Romania bilateral investment treaty.
- A Middle Eastern company in an ICC arbitration in Doha against a Middle Eastern energy company. The dispute arose from a gas supply agreement. Qatari law applied.
- A Middle Eastern State-owned gas company, Respondent in a CRCICA arbitration in Madrid brought by a European energy company. The dispute arises from a gas supply agreement. Egyptian law applies.
- Sonatrach, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Paris initiated by Saipem SpA and Saipem Contracting Algérie SpA. The dispute arose from an agreement for the construction of an oil & gas production facility in North Africa. Algerian law applied. Over $1 billion was at stake.
- Two international construction contractors as Respondents in an ICC arbitration brought by a Middle Eastern State entity arising out of the development of a world-class medical facility in the Middle East. Law of the Claimant’s State, London seat. Over $3.7 billion at stake.
University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
Master 2 Arbitrage et Commerce International
Fordham University School of Law
LL.M. in International Business and Trade Law
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
Master Droit International