Patrick El Hayek is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
International arbitrations on which Patrick El Hayek has worked include the representation of:
- Alverley Investments Limited and Germen Properties Ltd, Claimants in an ICSID arbitration against Romania (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/30). The dispute relates to a multi-billion euro commercial and residential real estate project in northern Bucharest. The claims are brought under the Cyprus-Romania bilateral investment treaty.
- A Middle Eastern company in an ICC arbitration in Doha against a Middle Eastern energy company. The dispute arose from a gas supply agreement. Qatari law applied.
- A Middle Eastern State-owned gas company, Respondent in a CRCICA arbitration in Madrid brought by a European energy company. The dispute arises from a gas supply agreement. Egyptian law applies.
- Sonatrach, Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Paris initiated by Saipem SpA and Saipem Contracting Algérie SpA. The dispute arose from an agreement for the construction of an oil & gas production facility in North Africa. Algerian law applied. Over $1 billion was at stake.
- Two international construction contractors as Respondents in an ICC arbitration brought by a Middle Eastern State entity arising out of the development of a world-class medical facility in the Middle East. Law of the Claimant’s State, London seat. Over $3.7 billion at stake.
University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
Master 2 Arbitrage et Commerce International
Fordham University School of Law
LL.M. in International Business and Trade Law
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
Master Droit International