Fabio Fauceglia is a partner in the Milan Corporate Group.
Fabio represents corporations, sponsors and financial institutions in public and private M&A and corporate finance transactions. He has extensive experience on public tender offers, auctions, mergers, reorganizations, joint ventures and cross-border acquisitions both on the buyer’s and seller’s side. He has worked on a number of innovative transactions in the Italian market, including several market firsts.
He joined Shearman & Sterling in 2001 after a number of years in a leading Italian firm and worked in the London, Rome and Milan offices. He received a Master’s Degree from Columbia University in New York and is qualified both as a New York and Italian lawyer.
He is a regular public speaker and has published a number of articles and commentaries on Italian corporate law issues.
- CVC Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of the Pasubio group, a specialized provider of premium leather for the automotive industry.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation in the acquisition of CPC S.r.l.
- General Electric on the carve out of Nuovo Pignone – GE’s Oil and Gas business and combination with Baker Hughes to create a leading equipment, technology and services provider in the oil and gas industry.
- McCormick Corporation, a U.S. listed company, in its approximate €120 million acquisition of Giotti S.p.A.
- GE Alstom in the sale of its turbine business to Ansaldo.
- Atlantia, a listed Italian infrastructure company, in its bid to buy a large international infrastructure asset.
- Pometon in its industrial automotive joint venture with the Seojincam – Seco Group in Korea.
- Dover Corporation, a U.S. listed company, in its approximate €300m acquisition of the JK Group from Wise and Alcedo, two Italian PE funds.
- Investcorp in connection with the sale of N&W Global Vending to Lone Star.
- Symphony Technology PE in its acquisition of Jobrapido a leading web-based job search platform.
- The shareholders of SIGIT Automotive in the sale to the Oman Investment Fund, the sovereign wealth fund of the Sultanate of OMAN.
- GE Transportation in its bid to acquire Ansaldo STS and Breda from Finmeccanica.
- GE Aviation in its $4.3 billion acquisition of the aviation business of Avio S.p.A., the Italy-based manufacturer of aviation propulsion components and systems for civil and military aircraft, from Cinven and Finmeccanica – Winner IFLR European Private Equity Deal of the Year.
- Credit Suisse, Barclays and Citigroup in the approximate $9 billion cross-border acquisition by GTECH – Lottomatica of Dallas – based International Game Technology (IGT) and the simultaneous delisting and reorganization of the GTECH Group.
- Dover Corporation, a U.S. listed company, in its approximate €100m acquisition of Finder Pompe.
- The shareholders of INFRONT, one of the world’s leading sport marketing companies, in the auction that led to the approx $600 million sale to private equity house Bridgepoint.
- Atlantia and Autostrade per l’Italia in connection with their investment in U.S. company ETCC.
- AABAR Investments of Abu Dhabi in its investment in UniCredit S.p.A.
- Dover Corporation, a U.S. listed company, in its approximate €70m acquisition of MS Printing.
- Mubadala in connection with its investment in Piaggio Aereospace.
- Keensight Capital and Amadeus Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of a 60% interest in Octo Telematics S.p.A. alongside Montezemolo & Partners.
- The Dow Chemical Company in connection with the sale of their Italian plastic and rubber businesses to Bain Capital.
- Allianz SE in the sale of Rasfin to Banca Leonardo.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, in its successful competing tender offer on Berenice, the Italian real estate investment fund managed by the Pirelli Group.The first ever competing tender offer (offerta concorrente) in Italy.
- Allianz SE in the reorganization of its Italian activities, consisting in the combination of the businesses of RAS, Lloyd Adriatico and Allianz Subalpina into one single corporate entity.
- Allianz AG in its landmark €7 billion public tender offer on RAS and the subsequent cross-border merger of RAS into Allianz AG to form the first ever Societas Europea (European Company.)
- The Board of Directors of Polynt S.p.A. in connection with the take private of the company by Investindustrial and the relevant delisting.
- Société Générale in connection with its bid to acquire a stake in Fidis, the financial services business of Fiat Auto S.p.A.
- Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs in connection with the $4.8 billion acquisition of Gtech Holdings Corp. by Lottomatica S.p.A.
- The Ministry of Economy of the Italian Republic in connection with the €1 billion capital increase of Alitalia S.p.A.
- Mayne Pharma in a number of acquisitions of Italian pharmaceutical companies.
- Nicotra Industriale S.p.A. and its controlling shareholders, Athena e Fidia Funds, in the acquisition of the German group Gebhardt Ventilatoren (a unit of Tyco Corporation).
- Merrill Lynch International and Mediobanca S.p.A. in the €7 billion third tranche of the privatization of Enel S.p.A.
- Aedes S.p.A. in its real estate joint venture with Gruppo Franza.
- AIG Global Real Estate Investments in its joint venture with the Portuguese company Sonae Imobiliária and Italian developer Coimpredil S.p.A.
- Pirelli Real Estate Fund and Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund in their joint bid to purchase the real estate portfolio of Enel Real Estate S.p.A.
- The Fiat Group in its $2.2 billion offering of notes exchangeable into shares of General Motors Corporation.
Columbia Uni School of Law
LUISS - Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli
Awards & Accolades
- “Top 50 Italy’s most influential lawyers list” – Legal Community 2017