Kris Ferranti is a partner in the Real Estate practice. He has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial real estate transactions, including in the areas of acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, development projects, foreign investment, financings and ground and space leasing.
Kris regularly represents financial institution, sovereign wealth fund, investment fund and individual and institutional investor and developer clients including Olayan America, Credit Suisse, Shorenstein Properties and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company.
Kris has written publications in Real Estate Finance & Investment and Law360 and has been involved in a number of speaking engagements at seminars and conferences on various real estate subjects.
- Advised Olayan America in connection with its acquisition and financing of 550 Madison Avenue in New York City; Kris regularly represents Olayan America in a wide range of real estate transactions.
- Advised Credit Suisse in connection with its lease for significant space at One Madison Avenue and 315 Park Avenue South in New York City; Kris regularly represents Credit Suisse in connection with on-going office lease transactions.
- Advised Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in connection with a number of mortgage loan transactions secured by properties in New York City.
- Advised a European sovereign wealth fund in connection with its acquisitions of indirect ownership interests in: a portfolio of logistics facilities located throughout the United States; an 11-building portfolio located in the Hudson Square neighborhood of New York City; and 601 Lexington Avenue in New York City and the Atlantic Wharf Office Building and 100 Federal Street in Boston.
- Advised certain state owned or controlled companies around the world in connection with their investments in real estate assets of all class types across the United States.
- Advised Strategic Capital in connection with its sale of an indirect ownership interest in the development projects at 2 Shore Drive and 75 Park Lane, both in the Newport neighborhood of Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Advised an affiliate of Taiping Asset Management Company Limited and Kaiyuan Capital (Shenzhen) Investment Fund L.P. in connection with its investment of an indirect ownership interest in the development project at 111 Murray Street in New York City.
New York Law School
- Managing Editor, New York Law School Law Review
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, CRE Finance Council
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York
- Member, Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
Awards & Accolades
- Named in New York Super Lawyers 2019 for the fifth consecutive year, and was selected as a 2018 Rising Star for the second consecutive year by Portfolio Media, Inc.’s Real Estate Law360, which profiles top legal talent under 40 in the sector. The selected winners are comprised of top real estate lawyers practicing at a level usually seen from veteran attorneys. Named a Rising Star in Real Estate by Crain’s New York Business in 2019 and 2020.