Richard Fischetti is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He works with public companies, financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds, state-owned enterprises and private equity sponsors in various transactions involving acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and co-investments. In addition, he represents U.S. and multinational public companies in a range of situations, including public company mergers and tender offers, minority investments, and advising on corporate governance matters and shareholder activism.
- Dassault Systèmes S.E. in its acquisition of Exa Corporation
- WebMD Health Corporation in its sale to Internet Brands, a portfolio company of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (KKR), and in in various corporate and transactional matters, including the adoption of a shareholder rights plan, a number of issuer tender offers, and its director appointment agreement with Carl Icahn and certain affiliated entities
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in its acquisition of NYSE-listed insurance provider Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG and in its “stalking horse” bid, along with Sagard Capital Partners, to acquire sports equipment manufacturer Performance Sports Group out of bankruptcy
- Nokia Corporation in the sale of its HERE location intelligence business to a consortium of German auto manufacturers including Audi, BMW and Daimler; and in its acquisitions of Deepfield, Inc. and of Eta Devices
- Citibank in the sale of its Peruvian consumer and commercial banking operations to The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Empresa Nacional Del Petróleo in the acquisition of ArPetrol
- HeartWare International, Inc. in its acquisition by Medtronic plc.
- McGraw Hill Financial Inc. in its sale of J.D. Power & Associates to XIO Group
- Altice N.V. in its acquisition of Cablevision Systems Corporation
- American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. in its acquisition by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
- J.D. Power & Associates, a wholly-owned subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, Inc. in its acquisition of the Used Car Guide Business of the National Automobile Dealers Association
- Sterling Bancshares, Inc. in its acquisition by Comerica Incorporated
- Goldman Sachs Global Infrastructure Partners I, L.P. in its acquisition of Union Site Management, L.L.C. and in its sale of GC Cell Site Holding LLC to Global Tower Partners, a Macquarie Group portfolio company
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. in its acquisition of The Clearing Corporation and the development of a global credit default swap clearing house; the sale of its Wombat Financial Software business to SR Labs; and the sale of its NYFIX and Metabit businesses to ULLINK, a portfolio company of HgCapital; and the sale of certain U.S. voice brokerage operations, through its subsidiary Creditex Group Inc., to Tullett Prebon
- DB Structured Products Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Deutsche Bank AG, in the acquisition of a minority interest in Acercasa S.A., a newly formed Colombian entity majority owned by Interbolsa S.A. specializing in financial products
- Thomson Reuters in its acquisition of MarkMonitor Holdings, Inc.; the sale of its 50% interest in Omgeo LLC to its joint venture partner, the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation; and its sale of a copy of the Thomson Fundamentals Database and related assets to FactSet Research Systems Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated in its acquisition of Spectrum Laboratories Holdings, Inc., an affiliate of Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Avenue Capital Group and DDJ Capital Management in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Milacron Inc. pursuant to Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- DDJ Capital Management (as part of a consortium) in the restructuring of its investment in Haights Cross Communications
- Dycom Industries Inc. in its acquisition of substantially all of the telecommunications infrastructure services operations of Quanta Services, Inc., and in connection with its acquisition of Sage Telecommunications Corp. of Colorado LLC
- The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. in its sale of McGraw-Hill Broadcasting Company, Inc. to Scripps Media, Inc., a subsidiary of The E.W. Scripps Company
- The Dow Chemical Company in the sale of its global polypropylene business to Braskem America, Inc.
- Danone Foods, Inc. in its acquisition of YoCream International, Inc.
- American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. regarding various corporate governance matters, including adoption of NOL Rights Plan
Rutgers School of Law - Newark