Pamela Gibson is Of Counsel and a leading corporate advisor to global non-US companies.
With over 30 years of experience, she works with companies on their most sensitive disclosures, governance, compliance and other corporate strategic matters. Pam has extensive industry experience in the metals & mining, oil & gas/energy and telecom & technology sectors.
- Nokia in connection with its €1.7 billion (US $2.2 billion) acquisition from Siemens of its entire 50% stake in their joint venture, Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN).
- Nokia in connection with its €750 million convertible bond offering which closed on 26 October 2012. The senior unsecured convertible bonds due 2017 are convertible into ordinary shares of Nokia Corporation.
- Nokia in connection with its $1.5 billion debut US investment grade, SEC-registered debt offering.
- Norsk Hydro ASA (Hydro) in connection with the merger of its oil and gas business with Statoil ASA (Statoil), which will create Norway’s largest oil and gas company with a market capitalization of approximately $90 billion.
- BOC Group plc in connection with its $14.4 billion acquisition by German gas and engineering company Linde AG.
New York University School of Law
Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- Editor, Osgoode Hall Law Journal, 1976-77
B.A. with Distinction
- Director of Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE: EGO; TSX: ELD)
- Director of GasLog Partners LP (NYSE: GLOP)
- Pam has held leadership roles several Shearman & Sterling offices and practice groups including opening and leading our Toronto office, serving as managing partner of the London office and heading up our Capital Markets group in Europe and Asia.
- Pamela is a member of the Institute of Corporate Directors in Canada, the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators in Canada, and the Institute of Directors in the UK.
- Speaker on Talking to the Media During a Crisis: Legal & Practical Issues at the 2013 59th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
- Conflict Minerals publications, including All that Glitters … May Be a Reportable Conflict Mineral!
- Corporate Governance publications, including the Quarterly Governance & Securities Law Focus Newsletter