Alastair Goldrein is counsel in the Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practice.
Alastair has extensive experience in advising creditors, sponsors, insolvent companies, and insolvency practitioners on all areas of international restructurings, insolvency and corporate rescues. He also advises parties seeking to fund into existing insolvencies and restructurings or who are interested in acquiring distressed businesses, together with wider finance work.
- The sponsor, Netherlands-based BXR Group, in relation to the restructuring of New World Resources, one of Central Europe's leading hard coal producers.
- The ad hoc committee of bondholders in connection with the restructuring of Seat Pagine Gialle S.p.A., an Italy-based multimedia directories publisher and information search services provider. This matter was named "Restructuring Deal of the Year" by IFLR Europe.
- KKR Asset Management Europe, as DIP lender to the UK administrators, in connection with the restructuring of Petroplus, an independent oil refinery.
- The ABI Special Committee of Senior Noteholders in relation to the restructuring of the £2.4 billion bond debt of the Punch Group, a publically listed pub group with 4,000 pubs.
- Unicredit as Security Agent on the €1.2 billion junior-led debt-for-equity restructuring of the Klöckner Pentaplast Group.
- ALMC in connection with the restructuring of its holding in Polish telecoms company, Play, and subsequent €310 million disposal of its interests to entities controlled by Novator.
- A sub-committee of creditors on the restructuring of creditor claims in Kaupthing pursuant to an Icelandic court-approved composition agreement.
- Credit Suisse on a €60 million super senior revolving credit facility for Santé Partenaires, an investor and manager of private hospitals in France.
- The coordinating committee of international lenders in connection with the financial restructuring of United Company Rusal.
- Representation of HSBC in its capacity as indenture trustee in relation to the restructuring of multiple dual credit-linked note issuances in Asia with face value over $1 billion.
The College of Law
University College London