Anna Guillard Sazhko is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
International arbitrations on which Anna Guillard Sazhko has worked include the representation of:
- Ukraine, Respondent in an SCC arbitration in Stockholm brought by VEB.RF. The dispute relates to sanctions and other measures allegedly targeting Russian banks in Ukraine after 2014. The claims are brought under the 1998 Ukraine-Russia bilateral investment treaty.
- Ukraine, Respondent in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Emergofin B.V. and Velbay Holdings under the Netherlands-Ukraine bilateral investment treaty (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/35). The dispute relates to an aluminium and alumina production company.
- An agency of an Eastern European State as applicant in proceedings to request the setting aside of arbitral awards rendered in a construction dispute.
- Ukraine, Respondent in a UNCITRAL arbitration brought by PJSC Gazprom. The dispute concerned the enforcement of a fine issued by the Anti-Monopoly Committee of Ukraine in relation to Gazprom's breaches of Ukraine's competition law in the performance of a gas transit contract. The claims were brought under the Ukraine-Russia bilateral investment treaty
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
Master 2 in Comparative Law
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Yaroslav the Wise National Law University
Specialist (Master 2) in Law
- Member, Organizing Committee of the Eastern European Dispute Resolution Forum (EEDRF)
- Member, Board of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association
- Member, ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR
- Member, ArbitralWomen
- Member, IBA
- Member, Young ISTAC
- Member, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- Member, ICC Ukraine
- Member, Organizing Committee of 2018 Kyiv Arbitration Days
- “Ukrainian arbitration reform: is Kyiv becoming the Paris of Eastern Europe?”, ICC Arbitration breakfast, Paris, France, 29 November 2019
- “Mediation in Industry-specific Disputes”, VI International Arbitration Readings in memory of Academician Igor Pobirchenko, Kyiv, Ukraine, 11 October 2019
- “Should the Challenge of an Arbitrator Be Claimed or Not? Assessment of Evidence Admissibility for Arbitrator’s Challenge”, VI International Arbitration Readings in memory of Academician Igor Pobirchenko, Kyiv, Ukraine 10 October 2019
- “‘The Rich Also Cry’, Disputes Involving High-Net-Worth Individuals or Sovereign Assets and Secrets to a Happy Ending”, Arbitration Breakfast organized by ASA below 40, CIArb YMG, UBA and UAA, Kyiv, Ukraine, 12 September 2019
- Post-closing disputes, Joint UAA & ArbitralWomen Breakfast on Arbitration in Corporate/Post M&A disputes, Kyiv, Ukraine, 14 May 2019
- “Case Study: Corruption in Investment Arbitration”, VII Arbitration School organized by the Ukrainian Arbitration Association, Kyiv, Ukraine, 12 May 2019
- “Diversity in Parties”, Arbitration Days in Tbilisi organized by GIAC, Tbilisi, Georgia, 4 - 5 October 2018
- “Setting Aside of Arbitral Awards in France”, Conference organized by ICC YAF, ICDR Y&I, RCAN and UAA, Kyiv, Ukraine, 13 September 2018
- Panel on Data privacy regulations, IBA Europe-Caucasus-Asia Forum, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 5 - 7 September 2018
- “Case Study: Treaty Shopping Through Corporate Restructuring of Investments”, VI Arbitration School organized by the Ukrainian Arbitration Association, Kyiv, Ukraine, 1 May 2018
- Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Anna practiced in Ukraine and successfully represented two applicants before the ECHR (Polishcuk v. Ukraine, Application No. 21231/04 and Sokolovskiy v. Ukraine, Application No. 28660/04).