Desta Hailu is an associate in the Compensation, Governance and ERISA practice. She focuses on a wide variety of compensation-related matters, particularly in connection with M&A transactions and capital markets. She regularly advises clients on corporate governance matters, securities and tax law compliance and compensation and employment arrangements.
Desta represents clients across multiple industries, including Altice USA, Inc., Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Ecopetrol, the compensation committee of Fannie Mae and the board of the New York State Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Citrix Systems, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Wrike, Inc.
- Altice USA in its agreement to sell 49.99 percent of its LightPath fiber enterprise business to Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners for an implied enterprise value of $3.2 billion
- Ardagh Glass Packaging Inc. in connection with its acquisition of a glass bottle manufacturing facility located in Houston, Texas from Longhorn Glass Manufacturing, L.P., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Ardagh Group in its formation of a joint venture with Exal Corporation
- Stone Point Capital LLC in its sale of Hodges-Mace, LLC to Alight Solutions
- Ecopetrol in its formation of a joint venture with Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Genmab A/S in connection with its initial public offering and listing of ADSs on Nasdaq
St. John’s University School of Law
Southern Methodist University
Carnegie Mellon University