Harald Halbhuber is a partner in the Capital Markets practice.
He focuses on complex corporate finance transactions, representing issuers and investment banks in debt and equity offerings, high yield financings, debt restructurings and equity derivatives. He also advises clients on critical disclosure and financial reporting matters, an area on which he has authored several publications.
Prior to joining the firm in 2011, Harald was a partner at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP from 2007 to 2009 and an associate from 2000 to 2007. In 2010, Harald was a Visiting Scholar at Columbia Law School.
- Liberty Global on the creation of its LiLAC shares, the first ever tracking stock issued by a UK public company
- Intercontinental Exchange on the financings for its $11 billion acquisition of NYSE Euronext and its $5 billion acquisition of IDC
- Liberty Global on its acquisition of a 3.4% stake in Lions Gate Entertainment and related governance arrangements and equity derivatives transactions
- Dun & Bradstreet on the financing for its $300 million acquisition of DBCC
- Liberty Global on its $24 billion acquisition of Virgin Media and its pending $5 billion acquisition of Cable & Wireless
- Issuers or underwriters on the issuance of several billion dollars of secured and unsecured high yield debt securities by EarthLink, Energy Future Intermediate Holdings, JBS USA, NAI Entertainment Holdings, NII Holdings and Sealed Air
- Financing providers in connection with financing commitments and bond-takeouts for proposed acquisitions, both by financial sponsors and strategic buyers
- B/E Aerospace on the $2.5 billion spin-off of KLX and the related financing transactions
- The dealer managers on several billion dollars of exchange offers by Energy Future Intermediate Holdings for multiple series of its debt securities
University of Vienna
Harvard Law School
University of Vienna
- Debt Restructuring and the Trust Indenture Act, 25 American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review (forthcoming Winter 2017)
- Financial Statement Triggers (Shearman & Sterling Client Alert January 2016)
- A Financial Statement Guide Through the Seasons (Shearman & Sterling Client Alert January 2016, also published as an article in Insights—The Corporate and Securities Law Advisor)
- Financial Statements Triggered by Acquisitions—What You Need (Shearman & Sterling Client Alert March 2016, also published as an article in Insights—The Corporate and Securities Law Advisor)
- Financial Statements Triggered by Acquisitions—When You Need Them (Shearman & Sterling Client Alert March 2016, also published as an article in Insights—The Corporate and Securities Law Advisor)
- National Doctrinal Structures and European Company Law, 38 Common Market Law Review 1385 (2001)
- Limited Company statt GmbH (249 p., Baden-Baden: Nomos 2001)(in German)