Tricia Hammes is a partner in the Project Development & Finance practice and splits her time between the Firm’s Washington, DC and New York City offices.
Tricia regularly represents a wide range of financial institutions, government agencies, development financial institutions and private equity funds in financings and other transactions across the mining, energy and infrastructure sectors.
Tricia serves as the Firm’s relationship partner for a number of governmental agencies and development financial institutions, including the United States Department of Energy (DOE), the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) (with respect to the TIFIA Program), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (with respect to the WIFIA program), International Finance Corporation (IFC), the United States Export Import Bank and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).
- The lead arrangers and initial purchasers on a $715 million of senior secured credit facilities for, and an offering of $460 million senior secured notes issued by, Gridiron Funding, LLC, an affiliate of LS Power, in connection its acquisition of five natural gas-fired power plants located across the United States with a combined generating power of approximately 3,510 MW
- IFC and the China Mexico Fund on a $200 million investment in Citla Energy, an energy company engaged principally in oil and gas exploration activities in Mexico
- DOT on the approximately $2 billion of credit facilities being extended to the Sound Transit, the public transit agency serving the Seattle metropolitan area under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) for purposes of expanding the light rail transit system operated by Sound Transit
- DOE on its participation in an innovative public private partnership with Clean Line Energy Partner LLC to develop a wind energy superhighway from the Oklahoma Panhandle to the southeastern United States
- IFC, Export Development Canada (EDC) and the other senior lenders on a $185 million financing of the Aurora Gold Project in Guyana, South America
- The lead arrangers on the construction financing (and related refinancing) for the development and construction of the West Deptford 738 MW natural gas-fired, combined cycle electric generating facility developed by LS Power
- Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, as purchaser of $33.5 million of senior notes issued by Middletown Water joint Venture LLC (a joint venture between United Water and KKR) on the operating concession granted to Middletown for the operation of the water and wastewater system for Middletown, Pennsylvania
- Canada Pension Plan, as purchaser of $335 million of senior secured notes issued by Global Cash Access, Inc. (now known as Everi), the leading provider of cash access solutions and related gaming and lottery products to the gaming sector
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as administrative agent in respect of Foresight Energy LLC’s senior secured credit facilities, in connection with the restructuring of Foresight Energy’s $1.4 billion of indebtedness
- A private equity fund on its consideration of an acquisition of sPower (Sustainable Power Group), the largest private owner of operating solar assets in the United States
The American University Washington College of Law
- New York
- District of Columbia
Awards & Accolades
- Ranked Band 2 for Projects by Chambers USA (2017) and named a Leading Lawyer for financial and corporate law IFLR1000 (2017)
- Clients tell Chambers USA that Tricia Hammes is a “very capable and good lawyer”
- Voted “Best in Energy, Natural Resources & Mining” by Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards (2016)
- Panel moderator at annual Mining and Investment Latin America Summit (2015 – 2017)