Jonathan Handyside is counsel in the European Capital Markets practice.
He has extensive experience in equity and investment grade and high yield debt issuances and cross-border securities offerings. He represents issuers and investment banks in a broad range of public and private capital markets transactions including Sasol, Anglo American, Frigoglass, Ardagh Group, and multiple financial institutions, as well as advising public companies on SEC and EU compliance matters.
Equity Capital Markets
- The underwriters in connection with the US$1 billion rights offering by Sibanye Gold Limited.
- The underwriters in connection with the initial public offering and Nasdaq Helsinki listing of DNA Oyj. This transaction was, at the time, one of the largest IPOs in Finland in the past decade.
- The underwriters in connection with Edita Food Industries’ initial public offering and the listing of Edita's ordinary shares on the Egyptian Exchange and global depositary receipts on the London Stock Exchange.
- Ardagh Group in connection with its initial public offering in the United States.
- Intercontinental Exchange and Euronext on Euronext’s €1.3 billion initial public offering, and Intercontinental Exchange in connection with the sale of its remaining stake in Euronext.
- Eurobank Ergasias S.A. in connection with its recapitalization in 2015 by way of an equity offering to international institutional investors and a voluntary liability management exercise, as well as in connection with its reprivatization in 2014 by way of a share capital increase and equity offering to international institutional investors.
- The joint placement agents, in connection with the capital increase by Hellenic Bank, one of the largest financial institutions in Cyprus, through a rights issue.
- Indian direct-to-home service providers Dish TV and Videocon d2h in connection with their merger and listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange.
Debt Capital Markets
- Anglo American in connection with its US dollar senior notes offerings.
- Frigoglass S.A.I.C. in connection with its debt restructuring including the implementation of a scheme of arrangement under the Companies Act 2006 proposed by its subsidiary, Frigoglass Finance B.V.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Sibanye Gold’s US$1.05 billion senior notes offering, as part of the financing for Sibanye Gold’s acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company.
- Sasol in connection with its inaugural US bond offering.
- The underwriters in connection with Heineken’s US$1.75 billion bond offering.
- Ardagh Group in connection with numerous debt securities offerings.
- Titan Global Finance in connection with its offering of €300 million offering of 3.500 percent guaranteed notes due 2021, as well as its cash tender offer for its outstanding 8.75 percent guaranteed notes due January 2017.
- The underwriters in connection with HSBC Holdings plc’s offering of US$7 billion of its fixed andfloating rate senior unsecured notes.
Georgetown University Law Center
University of Toronto