Sherif Hashem is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He focuses on private acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructurings. Sherif has also acted on initial public offerings and, most recently, on farm-in agreements in oil & gas transactions.
- Mubadala Petroleum on its $934 million acquisition from ENI of a 10% interest in the Egyptian super-giant Zohr gas field
- The shareholders of an Egyptian cosmeceutical company on the $45 million sale of a majority stake to a consortium of private equity funds and advising them in their continued role as management
- EFG-Hermes as underwriters on the listing of Cleopatra Hospital, the largest Egyptian private hospitals group, on the Egyptian Stock Exchange (market cap: $200 million; proceeds: $40 million)
- EFG-Hermes on a $56 million joint venture with UAE-based GEMS Education to acquire, operate and invest in K-12 schools in Egypt
- The shareholders of Nile Badrawi Hospital on the $32 million sale of their entire stake to Cleopatra Hospital
- Integrated Diagnostics Holdings plc, the largest private sector diagnostics services provider in Egypt, on its listing on the London Stock Exchange (market cap: $668 million; proceeds: $290 million)
- The shareholders of Timmy’s, an Egyptian cereals producer, on the $50 million sale of their entire stake to Kellogg’s
- A major Egyptian diagnostics services provider on a $20 million joint venture with a London-based private equity in Nigeria
American University in Cairo
Diploma in International & Comparative Law