Sherif Hashem is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He focuses on private acquisitions and joint ventures in the MENA region, including those involving cross-border and business carve-out elements. In addition to his core M&A practice he has also acted on ECM offerings, and, most recently, on oil & gas farm-in agreements.
- ADNOC on a new joint venture with OCI N.V. of their MENA-based fertilizer businesses to create the world’s largest export-focused nitrogen fertilizer platform and the largest producer in the MENA region
- Mubadala Petroleum on its $934 million acquisition of a 10% interest in the Egyptian super-giant Zohr gas field
- EFG-Hermes on a $56 million joint venture with UAE-based GEMS Education to acquire, operate and invest in K-12 schools in Egypt
- The founders of an Egyptian cosmeceutical company on the $45 million sale of a majority stake to a private equity fund as well as advising on their continuing roles as minority partners with executive management positions
- EFG-Hermes as underwriters on the listing of Cleopatra Hospital, the largest Egyptian private hospitals group, on the Egyptian Stock Exchange (market cap: $200 million; proceeds: $40 million)
- The shareholders of Nile Badrawi Hospital on the $32 million sale of their entire stake to Cleopatra Hospital
- Integrated Diagnostics Holdings plc, the largest private sector diagnostics services provider in Egypt, on its listing on the London Stock Exchange (market cap: $668 million; proceeds: $290 million)
- The shareholders of Timmy’s, an Egyptian cereals producer, on the $50 million sale of their entire stake to Kellogg’s
- A major Egyptian diagnostics services provider on a $20 million joint venture with a London-based private equity in Nigeria
American University in Cairo
Diploma in International & Comparative Law