Peter Hayes is Head of the European Finance practice.
He specialises in bank finance and, in particular, secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated loans, and cross-border acquisition and leveraged finance, including related restructuring work.
He represents private equity sponsors, hedge funds, commercial banks, investment banks, mezzanine and second-lien providers and corporate borrowers across the capital structure. In addition, Peter advises alternative lenders, including hedge funds and alternative debt funds and credit solutions providers on structuring, documenting and executing transactions.
- JP Morgan as lead arranger for €5.45 billion financings for Pirelli.
- Nomura as lead arranger of a €1 billion-equivalent financing in connection with CDPQ's acquisition of a significant minority stake in Sebia.
- Credit Suisse, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole, ING and Unicredit in connection with a €200 million super senior revolving credit facility relating to Cortefiel’s high yield bond offering.
- The lenders in connection with various refinancing transactions of Virgin Media's bank debt.
- Goldman Sachs in connection with the financing of Cinven’s acquisition of Northgate Public Services from KKR and ING Bank, Lloyds Bank and Santander in connection with the financing of Cinven's acquisition of Kurt Geiger from Sycamore Partners.
- J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and Eurobank in connection with the complex intercreditor and security arrangements related to WIND Hellas’ high yield bond offering.
- MV Credit as second lien lender in connection with Astorg's £203 million acquisition financing for Audiotonix Limited from Electra Private Equity.
- A large cap hedge fund as lender in connection with various acquisition financings.
- Bridgepoint in connection with various acquisition financings including Moneycorp and Element Materials Technology and Element Material Technology's £620.3 million bolt-on public-to-private acquisition of Exova.
- Investcorp in connection with numerous acquisition financings including Icopal, SecureLink, Georg Jensen and Kee Safety.
- BC Partners in connection with a complex corporate reorganisation, and international and domestic refinancing of a portfolio asset.
- New England Sports Ventures and Liverpool Football Club in connection with various financings for Liverpool Football Club.
- DBAY Advisors in connection with the public-to-private acquisitions implemented by way of scheme of arrangement of Eddie Stobart plc and of Creston plc.
- Interoute Finco plc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Interoute Communication Holdings S.A., in connection with its entry into a new €75 million revolving credit facility agreement and related high yield bond offering.
University of Paris I (Sorbonne)
The London School of Economics and Political Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- England and Wales
- New York
Awards & Accolades
- Peter is ranked as a recommended lawyer in Chambers UK 2019, which cites him as “a top lawyer who is always available. He's sharp, commercial and experienced.” He is also recommended by Legal 500 UK 2019 for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans. In addition, he is ranked as “Highly Regarded” by IFLR1000 2017.
- “Certainty of Funding: The Operation and Evolution of the U.K. and U.S. Approaches”, JIBFL (with Philip Stopford)