Katie Hicks is a partner in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Katie focuses on infrastructure acquisition financings and refinancings, acting for both infrastructure sponsors and finance providers. She has extensive experience in bank lending, European institutional funding, U.S. private placements and structured financing platforms across a broad spectrum of infrastructure assets.
Experience includes advising:
- Suomi Gas Distribution and Aberdeen Standard Investments in relation to the refinancing of Suomi Gas Distribution Group, including senior bank facilities and institutional funding*
- Westerleigh Crematoria Group, OTPP and USS on the refinancing of the Westerleigh Crematoria Group, having previously advised OTPP and USS in relation to the acquisition of the Westerleigh Crematoria Group*
- The lenders in relation to the refinancing of Navigator Terminals*
- The lenders in relation to the refinancing of Hansea N.V.*
- Allianz, Amber, CIC, Dalmore, Hermes, Macquarie and QIA in relation to the acquisition of a 61 percent stake in the gas distribution business of National Grid, including the establishment of a structured midco debt platform and the raising of bank and institutional funding*
- OTPP and JPM on the refinancing of Koole Terminals after previously advising OTPP on the acquisition of a stake in Koole Terminals, and OTPP and Macquarie on their bid for Koole Terminals*
- ADIA, Allianz, Borealis, CIC and MEAG on the refinancing of Tank & Rast, including the establishment of a structured debt platform and the raising of bank finance and issuance of a USPP*
- SL Capital, Rock Rail and GLIL in relation to SPV rolling stock financings for the East Anglia rail franchise and South Western Rail franchise*
- OTPP on the refinancing of Bristol Airport and subsequent debt raisings, including senior bank facilities and multiple English law-governed USPPs*
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to financing the acquisition by Macquarie Capital of the Vopak U.K. storage terminals business*
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to financing a bid by an infrastructure sponsor for a 49% stake in Gas Connect Austria* DIF and EDF on the acquisition of Thyssengas*
- >Macquarie in relation to the refinancing of Tanquid, including senior bank facilities and a privately placed bond*
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to financing a bid by PSP for London City Airport*
- OTPP and Macquarie on the refinancing of Copenhagen Airport, including senior bank facilities, a EUPP, a USPP and standalone hedging*
- Lloyds in financing the acquisition of Immingham Power Station by Vitol*
- JPM, RBS, Santander and others in financing the public offer for Forth Ports by Arcus*
* Denotes prior firm experience.