Katie Hicks is a partner in the Energy and Infrastructure practice.
Katie focuses on infrastructure acquisition financings and refinancings, acting for both infrastructure sponsors and finance providers. She has extensive experience in bank lending, European institutional funding, U.S. private placements and structured financing platforms across a broad spectrum of infrastructure assets.
Experience includes advising:
- VTTI B.V. on the establishment of a midco financing debt platform and raising of both midco and opco bank and PP financing.
- Beacon Rail Leasing on the €1.45 billion equivalent refinancing of its senior debt facilities into a new multi-creditor common terms platform with bank and PP debt.
- Koole terminals on its refinancing PP issuance.
- Lenders and PP investors on the Varmevarden refinancing including a platform and bank and PP debt.
- Banks financing First State's European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II's acquisition of Caldic's Rotterdam-based storage and production facilities, Caldic Chemie B.V.
- Banks financing First State's European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II's acquisition of certain storage terminals from Vopak.
- Banks financing a data centre.
- Lenders on debt financing to fund a bid for utility Eneco.
- ASI, DIF and LPP on a bank and PP refinancing of their Scandinavian district heating assets.
- Lenders on a bid for Maple smart metering.
- Bank and PP lenders on financings issuances for Copenhagen Airport holdco.
- Bristol Airport on bank and PP financings.
- Macquarie on its acquisition of Farnborough Airport.
- Westerleigh Crematoria Group on its refinancing.
- The lenders in relation to a bid to acquire Oikos storage terminals.
- The lenders in relation to the refinancing of Navigator Terminals.
- Banks and PP investors on the Loiste refinancing.
- Banks and PP investors on the Oslo Vjarme refinancing.