Gordon Houseman is a senior associate in the Capital Markets practice in the London office. He focuses on international capital markets and leveraged finance transactions with a particular emphasis on high yield bonds. He has acted for sponsors, corporate issuers and financial institutions on cross-border corporate and acquisition financings and liability management transactions. He also has experience acting for borrowers and lenders private placements and direct lending financings. In 2018, Gordon rejoined the firm with Ward McKimm from another leading international law firm.
Issuers and Sponsors
- Ardagh on various financing and liability management transactions, including:
- $3.1 billion equivalent secured fixed and floating rate and unsecured fixed rate notes offering.
- $710 million senior PIK notes and €250 million senior PIK notes offering.
- Bridgepoint and Element Materials Technology in connection with Element's $220 million second lien floating rate notes due 2025 and €300 million PIK floating rate euro-denominated notes offerings.
- Carlson Travel Inc. in connection with its $415 million senior secured notes, €330 million senior secured floating rate notes and $250 million senior notes offerings.*
- Hellman & Friedman in connection with the financing for Hellman & Friedman’s €600 million acquisition of TeamSystem from HgCapital, including an English governed senior secured bridge and New York governed privately placed floating rate notes.*
- Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc on various financings and liability management transactions, involving over $2.5 billion equivalent of senior notes through five separate offerings.
- Motor Oil Hellas on its €350 million inaugural senior notes offering.
- Parex and CVC in connection with Parex's €150 million senior notes offering.*
- Public Power Corporation on its €700 million inaugural senior notes offering.
- RAC and CVC in connection with RAC's £275 million senior secured notes offering.*
- Synthomer plc in connection with its proposed offering of €300 million senior notes offering.*
- TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC in connection with its £400 million senior notes offering.*
- Worldpay Finance plc in connection with its €500 million inaugural senior notes offering.*
- ZPG plc on its £200 million senior notes offering.*
Initial Purchasers and Lenders
- AlbaCore Capital in connection with its back-to-back commitment to partly finance Apollo's offer for RPC Group PLC.
- BNP Paribas, Barclays, HSBC and Lloyds in connection with Premier Foods' £210 million floating rate senior secured notes offering.*
- BNP Paribas and Credit Suisse in connection with Schmolz + Bickenbach's €200 million senior secured notes offering.*
- Citigroup Global Markets, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs International, ING Bank, RBC Capital Markets and Scotia Capital in connection with Cable and Wireless' $500 million offering of senior secured notes by its wholly owned subsidiary C&W Senior Financing Designated Activity Company.
- Citigroup in connection with Schoeller Allibert Group B.V.'s €210 million inaugural senior secured notes offering and revolving credit facility.*
- Citigroup on Global Ship Lease, Inc.'s $420 million inaugural senior secured notes offering.
- Credit Suisse and Barclays on Bibby Offshore Services Plc's £175 million inaugural senior secured notes offering.
- Credit Suisse in connection with Schmolz + Bickenbach's €150 million senior notes offering.*
- Goldman Sachs in connection with Almaviva S.p.A.'s €250 million senior secured notes offering.*
- Goldman Sachs, HSBC and Lloyds in connection with Daisy Group plc's proposed offering of £385 million fixed and floating rate notes.*
- HSBC and the other initial purchases in connection with Motor Oil Hellas' €350 million senior notes offering.*
- HSBC, BNP Paribas, Barclays and Lloyds in connection with Premier Foods' £300 million senior secured notes offering and concurrent tender offer.*
* Denotes prior firm experience
University of Toronto Faculty of Law
B.A. (Hons) in Applied Economics, with Distinction
Awards & Accolades
- Gordon plays a ‘key role in the team’ – The Legal 500, 2018