Guillaume Isautier is a partner and Head of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He advises domestic and international clients in a wide variety of M&A transactions, including purchases and sales of listed and non-listed companies, strategic mergers and joint ventures, as well as business carve-out acquisitions and divestitures. His practice focuses on a broad range of industry sectors including banking, telecom, energy and consumer goods & retail sectors. He also regularly represents private equity funds.
- M&A Deal of the Year - American Lawyer 2015 – Algerian Fonds National d’Investissement (FNI) in its acquisition of a 51% stake in Orascom Telecom Algérie (Djezzy).
- Ardagh on its acquisition of beverage can manufacturing assets and support locations in Europe, Brazil and the United States from manufacturing giants Ball Corporation and Rexam for $3.42 billon.
- Banco Comercial Português in its sale of Millenium Bank to Piraeus Bank.
- Corning Incorporated on its proposed acquisition of 3M Company’s global Fiber and Copper Connectivity Solutions Business.
- M&A Deal of the Year – IFLR Americas Awards 2016 - The Dow Chemical Company in connection with the French portion of its worldwide divestment of a significant part of its chlorine value chain.
- Florac in connection with various private equity transactions, including its joint acquisition with L Capital of Groupe SMCP, the subsequent sale of Groupe SMCP to KKR, its acquisition of a minority stake in the TCR Group from Chequers Capital, its investment in the Sani and Ikos resorts in Greece, in Samson & Surrey (spirits and wine), Experienced Capital (retail) and GrandiStazioni (management of retail space in Italy’s railway stations).
- Lafarge in its sale of Ciments Guyanais to Argos.
- Nokia in its acquisition of Withings.
- Novartis on its proposed $3.9 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Advanced Accelerator Applications.
- Ormat Technologies Inc. in its acquisition of Géothermie Bouillante SA.
- Société Générale in connection with various acquisitions around the world including: in the United Kingdom, the acquisition of BHF Kleinwort Benson; in Germany, the acquisition of Gefa Bank and ALD; in Greece, the acquisition and the subsequent sale of General Bank of Greece; in Norway, the acquisition of Elcon Finans AS; in France, the sale of ECS; and in Brazil, the acquisition and the subsequent sale of Banco Pecunia.
- Vivendi in the acquisition of a 60% stake in Havas.
Université Paris X-Nanterre
DESS Droit du Commerce International
Golden Gate University
LL.M. in Taxation
- Sources further underline in Chambers Europe, "You feel you are the only client - he is very dedicated and fully available." (2018)
- In Chambers Global, clients are full of praise for Guillaume Isautier's high level of customer service, finding him to be dedicated and available to his clients (2018).
- Clients tell Chambers Global that Guillaume is: “an absolutely fantastic lawyer, rigorous, professional and available” (2016) and that: “Guillaume knows our group very well, understands and anticipates its needs and delivers top-quality service with the right mix of technical and commercial skills” (2017).
- According to Legal 500 he has: “impeccable negotiation tactics and is instrumental in bridging the parties’ opposing interests” (2017).