Guillaume Isautier is a partner and head of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice and Deputy Head of the Paris office.
He advises domestic and international clients in a wide variety of M&A transactions, including purchases and sales of listed and non-listed companies, strategic mergers and joint ventures, as well as business carve-out acquisitions and divestitures. His practice focuses on a broad range of industry sectors including banking, telecom, energy and consumer goods & retail sectors. He also regularly represents private equity funds.
- M&A Deal of the Year – American Lawyer 2015 – Algerian Fonds National d’Investissement (FNI) in its acquisition of a 51% stake in Orascom Telecom Algérie (Djezzy).
- Ardagh on its acquisition of beverage can manufacturing assets and support locations in Europe, Brazil and the United States from manufacturing giants Ball Corporation and Rexam for $3.42bn.
- Banco Comercial Português in its sale of Millenium Bank to Piraeus Bank.
- M&A Deal of the Year – IFLR Americas Awards 2016 – The Dow Chemical Company in connection with the French portion of its worldwide divestment of a significant part of its chlorine value chain.
- Florac in connection with various private equity transactions, including:
- its joint acquisition with L Capital of Groupe SMCP and the subsequent sale of Groupe SMCP to KKR
- its acquisition of BricoPrivé
- its acquisition of a stake in the TCR Group from Chequers Capital (Belgium)
- its investment in the Sani and Ikos resorts (Greece and Spain)
- its investment in Experienced Capital and Les Domaines de Fontenille and
- its investment in GrandiStazioni (Italy).
- Lafarge in its sale of Ciments Guyanais to Argos.
- Nokia in its acquisition of Withings and in the sale of its Digital Health business.
- Novartis on its $3.9 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Advanced Accelerator Applications.
- Ormat Technologies Inc. in its acquisition of Géothermie Bouillante SA.
- Siparex on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in NG Travel.
- Siparex on its investment in Batibig Group via its investment fund Siparex ETI 4.
- Société Générale in connection with various acquisitions and divestments around the world including:
- in Poland, the sale of Euro Bank to Bank Millennium
- in the United Kingdom, the acquisition of BHF Kleinwort Benson
- in Germany, the acquisition of Gefa Bank and ALD
- in Greece, the acquisition and the subsequent sale of General Bank of Greece
- in Norway, the acquisition of Elcon Finans AS
- in France, the sale of ECS to Econocom
- in Brazil, the acquisition and the subsequent sale of Banco Pecunia
- Vivendi in the acquisition of a 60% stake in Havas.
Université Paris X-Nanterre
DESS Droit du Commerce International
Golden Gate University
LL.M. in Taxation
- According to Legal 500 EMEA, a client mentioned that the team is "A very professional, efficient and responsive team. Guillaume Isautier combines excellent legal skills with great efficiency and a commercial approach" (2020)
- According to Chambers Global, clients describe him as a "trusted adviser with a 360-degree approach to his clients' best interests,’ also reporting him to be "a refined negotiator." (2020).
- Clients tell Chambers Global that ‘the trust and the quality of our relationship comes from his thoroughness in his work," adding: "He is experienced and very involved in the cases.’ (2019).
- Sources further underline in Chambers Europe, "You feel you are the only client - he is very dedicated and fully available." (2018)
- According to Legal 500, Guillaume Isautier has "impeccable negotiation tactics and is instrumental in bridging the parties’ opposing interests". (2018)
- In Chambers Global, clients are full of praise for Guillaume Isautier's high level of customer service, finding him to be dedicated and available to his clients. (2018)
- Clients tell Chambers Global that Guillaume is "an absolutely fantastic lawyer, rigorous, professional and available" (2016) and that: "Guillaume knows our group very well, understands and anticipates its needs and delivers top-quality service with the right mix of technical and commercial skills." (2017)
- According to Chambers Global, Guillaume Isautier is "very well prepared and keen to find compromises between the various parties." One interviewee commented: "He was excellent - he gives real advice and from an operational point of view he anticipates the next stages of the transaction very well." (2015)