Tammam Kaïssi is an associate in Shearman & Sterling’s International Arbitration practice. His experience includes international commercial and investment treaty arbitrations under the Rules of UNCITRAL, ICSID, ICC, LCIA, DIAC, the Lebanese Arbitration Center and the Gulf Cooperation Center in Bahrain. Tammam focuses on energy related disputes.
- Two Middle-Eastern State-owned oil and gas companies as Claimants in an UNCITRAL arbitration in London against a European energy company. Over USD 200 million is at stake. English law applies.
- The Arab Republic of Egypt in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Bawabet Al-Kuwait Holding Company (ICSID Case No. ARB/11/6). The claims were brought under the Egypt-Kuwait bilateral investment treaty.
- A North African State-owned oil & gas company as Respondent in an ICC arbitration in Geneva initiated by an Iberian contractor. The dispute related to a major infrastructure project in North Africa. The law of the Respondent’s State applied.
- North African State-owned oil & gas companies in various disputes arising out of production sharing as well as gas supply agreements.
- The Arab Republic of Egypt as Respondent in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Hussain Sajwani, Damac Park Avenue for Real Estate Development S.A.E., and Damac Gamsha Bay for Development S.A.E. v. Arab Republic of Egypt (ICSID Case No. ARB/11/16). The claims were brought under the Egypt-UAE bilateral investment treaty.
Universite Saint Joseph
Université de Versailles St-Quentin-en-Yvelines
Master 2 Professionnel Arbitrage et Commerce International, Hons
HEC Paris and ESCP Europe
Mastère Spécialisé Droit des Affaires Internationales et Management
Georgetown University Law Center
LL.M. International Legal Studies, Distinction; Dean’s list
"The Lebanese-Israeli conflict over gas fields in the Eastern Mediterranean", Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Lebanon Branch, Arbitration and ADR in Oil & Gas Conference, Beirut, 8-9 May 2014
- "Invalidating the Orontes River Treaty in the Context of Middle Eastern Politics", 26(2) The Georgetown International Environmental Law Review 175 (2014)
- "Consécration d’une obligation de révélation étendue, note sous Cass. 1re civ., 20 mars 2013, M. et Mme X c/ Logidis et Carrefour France", Les Petites Affiches, Chronique de droit de l’arbitrage No. 11, at 9 (28 Jan. 2014)
- "The annulment of the BG Group award: a Catastrophe?", Versailles International Arbitration & Business Law Review No. 3, at 51 (2012)
- "Saudi Arabia", European & Middle Eastern Arbitration Review2010 (with B. Ghazzawi and M. Buxton)
- "Arbitration and mediation", in Code des Petites Entreprises Commenté (F. Lenglart ed., Eyrolles, 2008)
- "Le laxisme des juridictions belges en matière d’indépendance et d’impartialité de l’arbitre, note sous CA Bruxelles, 29 Oct. 2007, République de Pologne c/ Eureko BV et al.", Les Petites Affiches, Chronique de droit de l’arbitrage No. 2, at 15 (24-25 Mar. 2008)