Jonathan Kellner is Head of our São Paulo office and a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice. He has lived and practiced in São Paulo for over 11 years.
His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, capital markets, bank finance and investment funds, for United States and Latin America corporations and financial institutions. Fluent in Portuguese and Spanish, Jonathan has experience working on transactions in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Mexico.
Jonathan represents corporate and financial institution clients including Cyrela Commercial Properties, UOL and Temasek.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cyrela Commercial Properties on its joint venture with Prologis and on its subsequent sale of its stake in the joint venture for R$1.2 billion
- Cyrela Commercial Properties in a swap transaction with the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board a 33,4% stake in its commercial real estate portfolio
- Azul with respect to the $450 million equity investment from Hainan Group
- Mubadala with respect to the restructuring of its investment in the EBX Group
- ABC Group in the restructuring of its US advertising joint venture, Pereira O’Dell LLC, with its partners
- ABC Group with respect to its sale to Omnicom Group Inc. for R$1 billion
- Queijo Holding Corp., a vehicle of the controlling stockholders on the acquisition of all of the shares not owned by the controlling shareholders in Brazil Fast Food Corp.,valuing the latter at $148.3 million
- The selling shareholders of the Lipesa Group on the simultaneous sale of four entities in Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador and Peru to the Danaher Corporation for approximately $51 million
- Temasek with respect to the exchange of $150 million in Amyris Inc. notes for equity
- Temasek on its combined $169 million follow-on equity investment, together with investors including Singaporean sovereign wealth fund, GIC, and funds sponsored by Tiger Global and Kaszek Ventures, in Netshoes.com
- Braskem on its $290 million acquisition of a 70.6% stake in Solvay Indupa, a leading producer of PVC and caustic soda, listed on the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange (terminated)
- Estre Ambiental on the $100 million sale of its 10% interest in U.S. sanitation company Star Atlantic Waste Holdings II, to BTG Pactual
- Universo Online in its $500 million acquisition of Diveo Broadband Networks, Inc.
- The underwriters with respect to the sale by Petrobras of $6.75 billion in bonds
- The underwriters with respect to the sale by the Government of Argentina of $16.5 billion in bonds
- Cyrela Commercial Properties on its R$400 million preemptive rights offering of new shares to its current shareholders
- Barzel Properties Gestora de Recursos on the creation of a R$400 million investment fund to develop commercial real estate opportunities in Brazil. We also advised the founders of Barzel on the setting up of a real estate management company with GIC, a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund
- Cyrela Commercial Properties in the formation of a $200 million industrial real estate joint venture with the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company on a loan to a private equity-backed agricultural venture
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in several loans to Brazilian agricultural companies
- The Sumitomo Trust and Banking Co., Ltd., New York Branch in its $100 million loan to Banco Toyota do Brasil S.A.
- BTG Pactual in its $100 million loan from a syndicate of banks
Duke University School of Law
Duke University School of Law
University of Virginia