Jeremy Kutner is Head of the Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) Industry Group and a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Jeremy represents corporate, financial institution and private equity clients on a broad range of corporate transactions, ranging from public and private M&A to equities work, joint ventures and restructurings. He services a range of industries, including Financial Institutions (including FinTech), Healthcare, Metals & Mining, Private Capital and TMT.
Jeremy is also on the consulting editorial board of the Lexis®PSL and is the general editor of Tolley’s Company Law Service.
- Liberty Global plc on its split-off of its Bermuda subsidiary, Liberty Latin America Ltd, which comprises Liberty Global’s operations in Latin America and the Caribbean that were attributed to its “LiLAC Group” tracking shares and has an enterprise value of approximately $9.3 billion
- Fairfax Africa Holdings Corporation on its $130 million investment in Atlas Mara Limited, a financial services institution with operations in Sub-Saharan Africa, by convertible bond and underwriting open offer.
- Virgin Media Limited on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Arqiva Wifi Limited from the Arqiva group.
- Société Générale on its acquisition of Kleinwort Benson Bank Limited and Kleinwort Benson Channel Islands Holdings Limited, the UK and Channel Islands’ wealth management business of BHF Kleinwort Benson Group S.A.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings on the £1.2 billion takeover of Brit plc.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings on the takeover of APR Energy plc.
- Liberty Global plc on the takeover of Cable & Wireless Communications plc at an enterprise value of $8.2 billion.
- Liberty Global, Inc., a leading international cable company, with operations in 13 countries, on its acquisition of Virgin Media Inc. in a stock and cash merger transaction valued at approximately $23.3 billion.
- GE on its $4.3 billion acquisition of the Avio Group, an Italian headquartered developer and manufacturer of aerospace propulsion components and systems for civil and military aircraft.
- Barry Callebaut, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality cocoa and chocolate, on its acquisition of a Singaporean cocoa ingredients business for approximately $1 billion.
Harvard Law School
LL.M., Kennedy Memorial Scholar
Nottingham Law School
Legal Practice Course, (Distinction)
B.A. (Hons), M.A. (Cantab)
Awards & Accolades
- Named “Financial and Corporate Leading Lawyer” by IFLR1000 (2017).
- Ranked Lawyer for Corporate/M&A: High-End Capability in Chambers UK – London (2017).
- “Commended” in the “Innovation in mergers and acquisitions” category of the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe (2016).
- Ranked for high-end M&A in Chambers UK, which describes him as “particularly impressive” and “extremely pragmatic and focused on the fundamental business objectives”.
- Noted by Legal 500 UK as “extremely hardworking, and relentless at getting the deal done without losing sight of the client’s objective”.
- Recognised as a “Rising Star” by Law360, an accolade he received twice in three years, as well as one of the “40 under 40 Rising Stars” by Financial News.
- Clients have described Jeremy as “super sharp, highly measured and highly commercial,” and comment that he “really understands what the client wants”.