Kyungwon (Won) Lee is a partner in the Capital Markets practice.
Won focuses on corporate finance and securities transactions, including SEC registered and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of equity securities, high yield and investment grade bonds and convertible bonds as well as leveraged buyouts and liability management transactions. He has worked with companies in a wide range of industries including media and telecommunications, technology, consumer and retail, healthcare, oil and gas, mining and metals and general industrials.
Won represents corporate clients as well as financial institution clients, including Barclays, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley.
- Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Wells Fargo Securities, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Citizens Capital Markets, Credit Suisse and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey as joint-lead and bookrunning managers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of $400 million fixed rate, guaranteed, high yield, redeemable senior notes by LPL Holdings, Inc.
- Barclays as solicitation agent in a consent solicitation for a series of debt securities of FelCor Lodging Limited Partnership
- Altice USA, Inc. on its initial public offering of 71,724,139 shares of Class A common stock at a price to the public of $30.00 per share for a net proceeds of $2.15 billion
- Viacom Inc. in connection with a $650 million issue of its 5.875% fixed-to-floating rate junior subordinated debentures due 2057 and a $650 million issue of Viacom’s 6.250% fixed-to-floating rate junior subordinated debentures due 2057
- Barclays, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, HSBC, and J.P. Morgan as joint lead book-running managers in connection with the offering of €500 million senior notes by American Tower Corporation
- Viacom Inc. in connection with tender offers for its debt securities
- Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and RBC Capital Markets as joint book-running managers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg. S international offering of $407.5 million fixed rate, guaranteed, high yield, redeemable senior notes by Catalent Pharma Solutions, Inc.
- Credit Suisse, China CITIC Bank International, BOC International and Deutsche Bank as dealer managers in connection with Kaisa Group Holdings Ltd.’s exchange offer of approximately $2.7 billion and Credit Suisse, China CITIC Bank International, BOC International, Deutsche Bank and China Merchants Securities as the initial purchasers in connection with the concurrent issuance of approximately $792 million additional Notes by Kaisa
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan, Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Morgan Stanley as joint book-running managers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of $400 million fixed rate, guaranteed, high yield, redeemable senior notes by Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc. and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC acted as representatives in connection with McCormick & Company, Incorporated’s public offering of $750 million aggregate principal amount of its 2.7% notes due 2022, $700 million aggregate principal amount of its 3.15% notes due 2024, $750 million aggregate principal amount of its 3.4% notes due 2027 and $300 million aggregate principal amount of its 4.2% notes due 2047
- Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Goldman, Sachs & Co. as joint book-running managers in connection with Cincinnati Bell Inc.’s offering of $425 million senior notes and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC as dealer-manager on Cincinnati Bell Inc.’s related tender offer for any and all of its outstanding 8.375% senior notes due 2020
- Deutsche Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, ING, and UBS as initial purchasers on the $300 million senior notes offering by HT Global IT Solutions Holdings Limited
- Citigroup, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, and UBS as underwriters on the issuance of $260 million 7% senior notes due 2022 by PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk, an Indonesia-listed property company
- The underwriters in connection with the Regulation S offering of $200 million 5% Senior Notes due 2035 in Taiwan, commonly known as Formosa Bonds, by Reliance Industries Limited. This is the first ever Formosa Bond issuance out of India and the first ever Formosa Bond issuance by an energy company globally.
Northwestern University School of Law
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business
Ohio Wesleyan University
B.A. Economics and Accounting
Awards & Accolades
- He is recognized as a leading individual lawyer for Capital Markets in Hong Kong and China, South Korea as well as Indonesia by Chambers Asia and Asia Pacific Legal 500.