Caroline Leeds Ruby is a partner in the European Finance practice.
She represents banking, corporate clients and funds particularly in syndicated lending and acquisition and asset-based financing, funds financings, direct lending, multinational restructuring transactions, distressed purchases and distressed loan portfolio sales.
- Coca-Cola European Partners plc in its Euro 5 billion financing for its merger with Coca-Cola Efrischungsgetranke GmbH and Coca Cola Iberian Partners.
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs International and KKR as lenders of a revolving credit facility and initial purchasers of KIRS Group’s high yield bond offering.
- ABSA, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Investec, Deutsche and Bank of America in the debt restructuring and subsequent full capital restructuring of the Edcon group, South Africa’s largest non-food retailer.
- The Frigoglass group on the restructuring of its existing indebtedness, which included €250 million 8.25 percent senior notes due 2018 issued by Frigoglass Finance and over €80 million of existing bank debt across eight facilities agreements.
- Credit Suisse in relation to the USD 5.2bn bond financing for the acquisition of IGT by Georgia Worldwide PLC, Lecta SA, a CVC portfolio company on its corporate reorganisation and euro 670 million bank/bond refinancing and various other financings.
- BNP Paribas, as lenders, on the senior financing of the acquisition of Maltese telecommunications operator Melita by private equity firms Apax Partners and Fortino Capital.
- A large wealth fund on the property financing facilities for several high value property portfolios.
- Ardagh Group in relation to their cross-border ABL facilities arranged by Citigroup and Bank of America.
- England and Wales
- Joint Insolvency Board Examinations (prize winner)
- R3 Fellow (Association of Business Recovery Professionals)
Awards & Accolades
- Caroline is ranked in Legal 500 UK, 2017 and is also ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers UK, 2018 which cites her as “experienced in handling an array of financing transactions including revolving credit facilities, investment-grade lending and acquisition finance.” Caroline has also been described as "very diligent, extremely responsive, flexible and has deep technical knowledge." by Chambers UK, 2015.