Laurence Levy is the EMEA Mergers & Acquisitions Team Leader.
Laurence has more than 30 years’ experience advising on public and private company M&A transactions, joint ventures, restructurings, privatizations, equity capital markets, corporate governance and general corporate advisory work.
- Tetra Laval group on its acquisition of Avon Rubber p.l.c.’s milkrite | InterPuls business for approximately £180 million.
- DBAY Advisors Limited on the acquisition of a 51% stake in the trading entities of Eddie Stobart Logistics plc and the associated recapitalisation of the business.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its partnership with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and nine of the world’s largest energy traders to establish ICE Futures Abu Dhabi, a new Murban oil exchange.
- Acacia Mining plc on the £1.2 billion recommended offer from Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Discovery, Inc. on its agreement with BBC Studios to separate their 50/50 UKTV joint venture following which the parties hold UKTV's former lifestyle and entertainment businesses respectively.
- Boston Scientific Corporation on its $4.2 billion recommended offer to acquire BTG plc.
- GE on the $3.25 billion sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its acquisition of a strategic stake in Euroclear plc.
- Engie on the sale of its stakes in Indonesian and Indian power assets to Nebras Power and Mitsui for in excess of $1.5 billion.
- DBAY vehicle on its public-to-private takeover of Creston plc.
- Liberty Global plc on its $8.2 billion takeover of Cable & Wireless Communications.
- Fairfax on its £1.2 billion takeover of Brit plc.
- Qatar Investment Authority on its £6.7 billion takeovers of Songbird Estates plc and Canary Wharf Group plc.
- Viacom on its £450 million acquisition of Channel 5 Broadcasting.
- Bondholder group on the £1.5 billion recapitalisation plan of The Co-operative Bank.
- GE on its $4.3 billion acquisition of Avio Group.
- Fenway Sports Group on the acquisition of Liverpool Football Club.
- Abu Dhabi United Group on the acquisition of Manchester City Football Club.
Awards & Accolades
- Cited as a “Leading Lawyer” in IFLR1000.
- Ranked Lawyer for Corporate/M&A: High-End Capability in Chambers UK – London (2020).
- Recognised by Chambers UK as a “Leader in the Field” who can “easily, quickly and calmly explain and anticipate issues” with “extensive experience in public and private M&A transactions, privatisations and governance issues”.
- Recognised by Legal 500 UK as a “Leading Individual” in premium M&A who is “highly technically proficient and skilled at working around the issues that matter to the client”.