Alex is an associate in the Litigation practice. He focuses on litigations and investigations, including antitrust, securities, financial services, and regulatory compliance. Alex has represented clients in federal and state court in connection with securities class actions, antitrust class actions, and litigation arising out of mergers and transactions. He has experience managing U.S. and foreign internal investigations related to foreign bribery and conflicts of interest.
Alex is a co-chair of Sterling Pride, the Firm’s inclusion network for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) colleagues. His pro bono practice includes assisting with legal name changes services to transgender individuals. He is also a contributor to and helps coordinate Shearman & Sterling’s Need-to-Know Litigation Weekly regarding M&A Litigation.
- A major financial institution in antitrust class actions and inquiries related GSE Bonds and U.S. Treasuries
- A major financial institution in SEC and DOJ investigations related to pre-released ADR securities
- A financial institution in a class action asserting violations of the Commodity Exchange Act and antitrust laws related to Yen LIBOR and TIBOR
- Underwriter syndicates including, variously, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BMO, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, and other global banks, in securities class actions on behalf of investors in companies such as CannTrust, CPI Card, and others
- Large international corporations in internal investigations related to conduct in multiple countries
- A major financial advisor in connection with a shareholder lawsuit alleging aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duties arising out of the sale of a network of department stores.
New York University School of Law
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York