Mehran Massih is counsel and Head of the Environmental Group.
Mehran has over 25 years’ experience in all aspects of environmental law. He practices U.S., English and EU law and has extensive experience in each of those jurisdictions advising on environmental matters arising in mergers and acquisitions, financings and securities offerings. Among other matters, Mehran specializes in advising on international standard environmental and social review under the Equator Principles, as well as IFC performance standards in the financing of major infrastructure and industrial projects. He also regularly negotiates environmental indemnities and bespoke pollution insurance coverage in M&A transactions.
- PETRONAS in the development of its $20 billion RAPID (Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development) petrochemicals project in Malaysia
- The Dow Chemical Company in the financing of the $24 billion Sadara Petrochemicals project in Saudi Arabia
- The Ardagh Group in its IPO and New York Stock Exchange listing and its 2017 $2.2 billion notes offering
- Jefferies, Credit Suisse, BNP Paribas and Standard Chartered Bank in First Quantum Minerals’ exchange offer in respect to all of the 8.75% Senior Notes due 2020 and 7.50% Senior Notes due 2021 issued by Inmet Mining Corporation
- GE in its $4.3 billion acquisition of the Avio Group, an Italian headquartered developer and manufacturer of aerospace propulsion components and systems for civil and military aircraft
- Pacific Oil and Gas, in the sale of emissions reduction credits generated under the UN Kyoto Protocol’s CDM regime to Mercuria Energy Trading
- AES Tietê S/A, in the sale of emissions reduction credits under the CDM regime to the World Bank’s BioCarbon Fund
Golden Gate University
University of California, Los Angeles
- England and Wales
- New York
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized by Legal 500 UK as a leading environmental practitioner