James is an associate in the Litigation practice. His practice focuses on complex cross-border disputes, investigations and enforcements in civil and criminal contexts. He also advises on contentious regulatory matters and restructuring and insolvency situations.
- Acting for Cyrus Capital in relation to a complex contractual claim in the Financial List of the High Court.
- Advising an international investment bank in connection with obtaining injunctive relief and other remedies for breach of an SPA.
- Advising an international corporate in relation to its GDPR obligations in the context of a US discovery exercise.
- Acting for RBS in relation to a €1.9 billion fraudulent misrepresentation claim in connection with EURIBOR in the High Court.
- Acting for an international investment bank in relation to an FCA enforcement action.
- Advising a high profile tech company in relation to a claim in malicious falsehood.
- Advising a limited partnership in relation to threatened claims for lawful means conspiracy, breach of partnership duties and breach of contract, worth up to £750 million.
The University of Law
University of Warwick
BA Hons in Classical Civilisation (1st Class)
- James has been on secondment to the in-house legal team of an international investment bank and has written for and contributed to a number of legal publications, including LexisNexis PSL.