Jacques McChesney is a partner in the Capital Markets practice and is based in the London office.
Jacques is a New York qualified lawyer practicing in European leveraged finance and debt capital markets, with a focus on high yield acquisition finance and bond deals.
He represents issuers, sponsors and underwriters on complex corporate financings. In addition, he advises clients with respect to investment grade offerings, restructurings, debt tender/consent solicitations, and private placements.
Jacques has advised in multiple jurisdictions across the EMEA region, with a particular focus on Spain, the U.K. and Italy.
High Yield (cash pay, PIK, bridge to bond leveraged financings):
- Barclays Bank PLC in connection with the repayment of the outstanding borrowings under a senior secured credit facility and the finance of certain current and future acquisitions involving Stonegate Pub Company Financing plc’s £150 million high yield notes offering.
- Groupe Ecore in connection with its inaugural offering of €255 million senior secured floating rate notes and in connection with a new €40 million revolving credit facility.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Cable and Wireless' $500 million; and $400 million senior secured notes offerings; and $300 million senior notes offering.
- Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, Banca Akros S.p.A., Banca IMI and Raiffeisen Bank International in connection with KME AG’s €300 million high yield bond offering.
- Barclays, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Jefferies and Lloyds Bank in connection with Miller Homes Group Holdings plc’s £425 million high yield bond offering.
- Cooperativa Muratori & Cementisti-C.M.C. di Ravenna Società Cooperativa (CMC) in connection with its €250 million high yield bond offering.
- Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A. in connection with its Rule 144A and Regulation S €550 million senior secured high yield bond offering and €160 million credit facilities agreement.
- Barclays Bank PLC, as sole bookrunner, in connection with Stonegate Pub Company Financing plc’s high yield notes offering of £405 million, 4.875% senior secured notes due 2022 and £190 million floating-rate senior notes due 2022.
- Naviera Armas, S.A., a subsidiary of Bahía de las Isletas, S.L., in connection with its offering of €50 million additional aggregate principal amount of floating rate senior secured notes due 2023.
- The underwriters in connection with Novartis Capital Corporation’s registered shelf takedown of $1 billion 1.800% notes due 2020, $1 billion 2.400% notes due 2022 and $1 billion 3.100% notes due 2027.
- Silversea Cruise Holding Ltd. in connection with the offering of $550 million aggregate principal amount of 7.250% senior secured notes due 2025 by its wholly owned subsidiary Silversea Cruise Finance Ltd.
- Delek in connection with its recommended cash offer for the entire issued share capital of Ithaca Energy Inc. at a price of C$1.95 per share, valuing Ithaca at an equity value of approximately C$841 million (US$647 million).
- The joint lead managers in connection with Volvo Car AB’s SEK 2.5 billion (approx. €256 million) of senior floating rate notes due 2022 and SEK 500 million (approx. €51 million) of 2.500% senior fixed rate notes due 2022.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Codere Finance 2 (Luxembourg) S.A.’s high yield bond offering of $300 million senior secured notes due 2021 and €500 million senior secured notes due 2021.
- The joint bookrunners in connection with DEA’s debut €400 million offering of senior notes.
- The joint bookrunners in connection with Volvo’s debut €500 million offering of senior notes.
- Barclays Bank and ABN AMRO in connection with Interxion’s offering of an additional €150 million of senior secured notes.
- The joint book-running managers in connection with Novartis Capital Corporation’s registered shelf takedown of $1.75 billion 3.000% notes due 2025 and $1.25 billion 4.000% notes due 2045.
- ENCE Energía y Celulosa, a Spanish issuer listed on the Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Bilbao Stock Exchanges, in connection with its high yield notes offering of €250 million senior notes due 2022 and its €90 million multicurrency revolving credit facility.
- The joint bookrunners in connection with an offering of £225 million 5.25% senior notes due 2021 by Debenhams plc.
Northwestern University School of Law
Awards & Accolades
- Jacques is ranked as a “Leading Individual” in High Yield by Legal 500 UK 2019.
- Jacques is part of the team that is ranked Tier 1 for Capital Markets in High Yield by Legal 500 UK 2019.
- Jacques is recommended by Chambers UK, which comments he is “an erudite capital markets partner with considerable experience in high-yield acquisition finance and bond transactions. He regularly represents issuers, sponsors and underwriters in a range of sophisticated corporate matters”.
- Jacques is recognised as a leading lawyer in the most recent editions of The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession and Chambers Europe.
- He is also recognised by PLC Which Lawyer as a leader in “Capital markets: high-yield products” and “Capital markets: cross-border advice” in England.