Grissel Mercado is a partner in the Capital Markets practice.
Her practice consists of representing and advising financial institutions and corporate issuers in debt and equity capital market transactions.
She focuses on Latin American issuers. In addition, she advises a number of Latin American issuers on their ongoing SEC reporting requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and corporate governance matters. Grissel has also represented and advised financial institutions and corporate issuers in international project financings and other private financings.
Grissel represents corporate and financial institutional clients including Ecopetrol, Volaris, Grupo Sura and its subsidiary Sura Asset Management, AES Gener and its subsidiaries in Chile and Findeter.
- Inversiones Atlántida, S.A. in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $150 million aggregate principal amount of its 8.25% senior secured notes due 2022
- The underwriters on the Republic of Chile’s offering of Euroclearable Local Bonds
- The underwriters in the Republic of Chile’s offerings and “Switch” Tender Offer
- Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. (“Grupo SURA”) in connection with a $550 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior notes by Gruposura Finance, Grupo SURA’s wholly-owned subsidiary, and guaranteed by Grupo SURA
- Fondo MIVIVIENDA’S $150 million notes offering and S/1.5 billion bonos corporativos global offering
- AES Argentina’s first-time $300 million notes units offering
- Grupo Financiero Santander México’s SEC-registered sale of $500 million of capital notes
- Petróleos Mexicanos’ sale of $5.5 billion in debt securities
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of $700 million aggregate principal amount of subordinated preferred capital notes by Bancomext
- The Public Secondary Offering of Common Stock of Cencosud S.A. by Inversiones Tano Limitada
- Ecopetrol on $500 million Public Offering of Notes
- Kallpa Generación S.A. on its Senior Notes Issuance
- The international underwriters. in connection with a $500 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior notes by Nacional Financiera, Sociedad Nacional de Crédito, Institución de Banca de Desarrollo, a development bank controlled by the Mexican government
- The International Underwriters in connection with a $1 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior notes by Banco Nacional de Comercio Exterior, Sociedad Nacional de Crédito, Institución de Banca de Desarrollo, a development bank controlled by the Mexican government
- Kallpa Generación S.A. in connection with its $350 Million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior notes.
- Petróleos Mexicanos’ sale of €2.25 billion in Debt Securities
- BBVA Securities Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner and Smith Incorporated and Santander Investment Securities Inc. as managers in connection with the offering of $5 billion of securities issued by Petróleos Mexicanos in three separate tranches—the first offering by a Latin American corporate issuer in 2016
- Controladora Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V. (“Volaris”) in connection with its SEC-registered secondary follow-on equity offering of 108,900,000 Ordinary Participation Certificates (Certificados de Participación Ordinarios), in the form of American Depositary Shares, or ADSs, in the United States and other countries outside of Mexico and the listing of the ADSs on the New York Stock Exchange
- Autoridad del Canal de Panamá in connection with its $450 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior notes
- AES Gener S.A. in connection with its $425 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior notes
- Empresa Eléctrica Guacolda S.A. in connection with its $500 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of senior notes
New York University School of Law
Georgetown University, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service
B.S.F.S., magna cum laude