Omar Morsy is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He is a native Arabic and Spanish speaker and focuses on a range of corporate transactions (including cross-border public and private M&A, private equity, joint ventures and equity capital markets).
Oil & Gas
- Mubadala Petroleum on its $934 million investment (comprising a 10% stake) in the Egyptian offshore Shorouk concession, involving the Zohr gas field, from Italian energy company Eni S.p.A
- ADNOC on a new strategic partnership with OCI N.V. to create the largest export-focused nitrogen fertilizer platform globally and the largest producer in the MENA region
- ADNOC Distribution on its initial public offering and Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange listing, the largest public offering in the UAE and is one of the first listings to be done under the Emirates Securities & Commodities Authority’s new listing regulation
- ADNOC on its grant of a 10% interest in the Lower Zakum field for 40 years, in exchange for a participation fee of $600 million
- ADNOC on its grant of a 10% interest in Abu Dhabi’s ADCO onshore oil concession (one of the world’s largest onshore concessions) to BP plc worth $2.2 billion
- NMC Healthcare on the formation of the joint venture between NMC and The General Organization for Social Insurance of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the healthcare sector of the Kingdom
- Selling shareholders on the sale of a 21 percent stake in the share capital of International Diagnostics Holdings (the largest private sector healthcare diagnostics service provider in Egypt) to Actis (a global pan-emerging market private equity firm)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals on the acquisition of Amoun Pharmaceutical S.A.E.
Power and Renewables
- Masdar on its acquisition of a 49 percent stake in Krnovo Green Energy wind farm
- Beaufort Investments S.À R.L., an investment vehicle owned by the EFG Hermes Private Equity division, on its sale of its entire stake in Vortex Energy Investments S.À R.L. and Vortex II Holdings S.À R.L. to IIF International Beta Renewables Midco S.À R.L., an investment vehicle owned by JP Morgan’s infrastructure Investments Fund, covering c.1 GW of operational capacity in the European wind power sector
- Neptune Utilities & Energy Investment LLC, a subsidiary of Mubadala Infrastructure Partners Limited, on its sale of its entire stake in STP Infrastructure Holdings Limited, to AWS Holdings IV, a subsidiary of Almar Water Servicios España S.L.
- Mubadala Investment Company on a $107 million investment (comprising a 40% stake) in Andromeda Group (a Mediterranean aquaculture group of companies) controlled by AMERRA Capital Management LLC
- EFG-Hermes on a $56 million joint venture with UAE-based GEMS Education to acquire, operate and invest in K-12 schools in Egypt
- GB Finance and GAIA Lux S.a.r.l on the EGP 750 million sale of a one-third stake in MNT Investments B.V. to ADP II Holding 9 S.a.r.l.
- EFG Hermes UAE Limited (EFG Hermes), a wholly owned subsidiary of EFG Hermes Holding S.A.E, on its agreements to acquire a 50 percent stake in Frontier Investment Management
- GC Equity Partners Fund III L.P. on its $87.2 million acquisition of 43% of the entire issued share capital of Zabeel Capital Ltd from Al Ain Capital Investments LLC
- The purchaser on the acquisition of majority shares in a holding Company with educational academies and international and national schools in Egypt.
University of California, Berkeley School of Law
American University in Cairo
B.A. in Political Science with Specialization in Public International Law, cum laude