Omar Morsy is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He is a native Arabic speaker and focuses on advising corporates on acquisitions, transaction structuring and legal due diligence.
- Mubadala Investment Company (a sovereign wealth fund in Abu Dhabi) on a US$107 million investment (comprising a 40% stake) in Andromeda Group (a Mediterranean aquaculture group of companies) controlled by AMERRA Capital Management LLC.
- GB Finance and GAIA Lux S.a.r.l on the EGP 750 million sale of a one-third stake in MNT Investments B.V. to ADP II Holding 9 S.a.r.l.
- Mubadala Petroleum on its US$934 million investment (comprising a 10% stake) in the Egyptian offshore Shorouk concession, involving the Zohr gas field, from Italian energy company Eni S.p.A
- ADNOC Distribution on its initial public offering and Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange listing, the largest public offering in the UAE and is one of the first listings to be done under the Emirates Securities & Commodities Authority’s new listing regulation
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company on its grant of a 10% interest in the Lower Zakum field for 40 years, in exchange for a participation fee of $600 million.
- EFG Hermes UAE Limited (EFG Hermes), a wholly owned subsidiary of EFG Hermes Holding S.A.E, on its agreements to acquire a 50 percent stake in Frontier Investment Management.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company on its grant of a 10% interest in Abu Dhabi’s ADCO onshore oil concession (one of the world’s largest onshore concessions) to BP plc worth $2.2 billion.
- GC Equity Partners Fund III L.P. on its $87.2 million acquisition of 43% of the entire issued share capital of Zabeel Capital Ltd from Al Ain Capital Investments LLC.
- The purchaser in the acquisition of majority shares in a holding Company with educational academies and international and national schools. Conducted due diligence report, drafted the investment agreement and provided legal consultation.
- Selling shareholders in connection with the sale of a 21 percent stake in the share capital of International Diagnostics Holdings (the largest private sector healthcare diagnostics service provider in Egypt) to Actis (a global pan-emerging market private equity firm).
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals in connection with the acquisition of Amoun Pharmaceutical S.A.E. Advised on transaction structuring, conducted legal due diligence and drafted the transaction documents.
University of California, Berkeley School of Law
American University in Cairo
B.A. in Political Science with Specialization in Public International Law, cum laude