Sarah Nealis is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisition practice and a member of the firm’s Energy Industry Group.
She focuses on private equity transactions, particularly acquisitions and divestitures of upstream and midstream oil and gas assets and companies, as well as providing general corporate advice to privately-held oil and gas businesses and oilfield service companies.
Sarah also has significant experience in matters relating to oil and gas accounting.
- Private equity firm and its portfolio company in connection with the disposition of its oil and gas assets in Niobrara County, Wyoming
- Privately-held Texas-based bakery in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets to a Canadian food manufacturer and distributor
- Experienced management team in the exploration and production industry in the negotiation of a management services agreement to take over the operations of oil and gas assets in the Marcellus Basin
- Private equity firm and its portfolio company in connection with the disposition of its midstream assets in Louisiana
- Oilfield service company in connection with the formation of, and investment in, a subsidiary with an unaffiliated partner for the purpose of manufacturing and renting state-of-the art oilfield service equipment
- Private equity firms in connection with the structuring and implementation of employee incentive plans for various portfolio companies, including the creation of employee incentive units and the adoption of long-term incentive plans
- Oilfield service company in connection with general corporate matters and exit sale planning
- Various oil and gas exploration and production companies and oilfield service companies in connection with the negotiation of key commercial agreements, including master service agreements and drilling contracts
- Various oil and gas exploration and production companies in connection with oil and gas accounting and COPAS-related matters
- Private equity firm in connection with the formation of a $3.0 billion midstream private equity fund
- Private equity firm in the redemption and separation of management team and related reorganization of portfolio company
University of Houston Law Center
West Virginia University
Awards & Accolades
- Selected to participate in the Institute for Energy Law’s Inaugural Leadership Academy in 2018
- Fraud Carve-out Provisions for M&A Agreements, The Energy Law Advisor, Vol. 12, No. 3 – October 2018, co-written with Sarah McLean