Anthony Cheah Nicholls is an associate in Shearman & Sterling’s International Arbitration practice.
- A French-German consortium in an ICC arbitration in Stockholm against a Finnish utility company. The dispute arises from an agreement for the construction of a nuclear power plant in Finland. Finnish law governs. Over EUR 6.1 billion is at stake.
London School of Economics
University of Strasbourg
Diploma in French Legal Studies, (Mention)
- Co-Author, ICC Hybrid Arbitrations Here to Stay: Singapore Courts’ Treatment of the ICC Rules Revisions in Articles 1(2) and 6(2), Journal of International Arbitration, 31, no.3 (2014): 393-412
- Author, Enforcing Mediation Agreements: Why the End is just as Important as the Beginning, Singapore Law Gazette (May 2014).
- Co-Author, PT First Media TBK (formerly known as PT Broadband Multimedia TBK) v Astro Nusantara International BV and others and another appeal  SGCA 57, Mealey’s International Arbitration Report, Vol.29, #1, January 2014.
- Co-Author, Singapore: New Rules, Global Arbitration Review (April 2013).
- Author, The Astro approach to attempts to resist enforcement, Global Arbitration Review (November 2012).
- Co-Author, When should Video Conferencing Evidence be allowed?, Singapore Law Gazette (September 2012). This article received a prize at the inaugural Singapore Law Gazette Feature Article Awards 2013.