Anders Nilsson is a senior associate in the International Arbitration practice.
He specializes in international commercial arbitration and represents private multinational corporations, States and State-owned entities in a variety of institutional and ad hoc proceedings, including under ICC, UNCITRAL, SCC and DIS rules.
Anders also acts as counsel in arbitration-related proceedings before Swedish courts.
International arbitrations on which Anders Nilsson has worked include the representation of:
- Five gas importers as Respondents in SCC and UNCITRAL arbitrations in Stockholm initiated by an upstream supplier. The dispute arises from a gas price revision clause in long-term supply contracts. Swedish law applies.
- A European life sciences company as Respondent in an arbitration brought by a European chemical company seeking indemnification under a Share Purchase Agreement. The law of the Claimant’s State applies.
- A French-German consortium in an ICC arbitration in Stockholm against a Finnish utility company. The dispute arose from an agreement for the construction of a nuclear power plant in Finland. Finnish law governed and the proceedings were conducted in English. EUR 6.1 billion was at stake.
Columbia University School of Law
Lund University, Faculty of Law
- Advokat Sweden
- Mitglied der Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt am Main
- Member, Chamber of Lawyers, Frankfurt am Main
- Member, Swedish Chamber of Commerce, Germany
- Member, Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS), Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Member, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- Member, German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) and DIS40, Frankfurt am Main
- “Inconsistent Awards in Investment Arbitration: Is an Appeal Court needed?,” 30(5) Journal of International Arbitration 579 (2013) (co-author)
- Prior to joining the firm, Anders was an associate in the international arbitration department of a leading international law firm in Stockholm and Frankfurt. Anders has also acted as secretary to Swedish renowned arbitrator Lars Edlund (currently Justice of the Supreme Court of Sweden) in several SCC arbitrations and served as law clerk at Stockholm District Court, assisting judges during legal proceedings, advising judges on legal matters, administrative responsibility for proceedings and chairing minor criminal proceedings as well as civil cases.