Solomon J. Noh is a partner in the Financial Restructuring and Insolvency practice.
He has a cross-disciplinary practice with involvement in derivatives, financings and mergers & acquisitions, all with a focus on cross-border distressed and bankruptcy situations.
He regularly represents,ad hoc bondholder groups in European and emerging markets distressed situations. He also represents hedge funds and other asset managers in the assessment of investment opportunities and trading execution.
- A consortium of hedge funds in connection with the submission of a bid for Westinghouse assets.
- Sponsor of Danaos Corporation in connection with the company's comprehensive balance sheet restructuring.
- A bondholder group composed of holders of senior notes issued by O1 Properties.
- Subordinated bondholders in connection with the restructuring of HSH Nordbank.
- A bank group in connection with the restructuring of Agrokor d.d.
- A senior bondholder group in connection with the restructuring of The International Bank of Azerbaijan.
- A bondholder group composed of holders of senior notes issued by Brunswick Rail Finance Limited.
- A bondholder group composed of holders of senior notes issued by DTEK Finance plc.
- A group of senior bondholders in connection with the recapitalization of The National Bank of Greece.
- A group of subordinated bondholders in the resolution of Banco Espírito Santo.
- The bondholder group composed of holders of subordinated notes issued by The Co-operative Bank plc in connection with the first-ever consensual creditor “bail-in” of a UK financial institution.
Harvard Law School
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Awards & Accolades
- Solomon is ranked as a Recognised Practitioner in Chambers UK 2019 for Restructuring/Insolvency and he is recommended by Legal 500 UK 2019 for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency. Legal 500 UK 2018 noted: “‘User friendly’ New York-qualified team head Solomon Noh has a strong reputation amongst bondholders which are appreciative of his broad ranging knowledge of commercial solutions including guidance around Chapter 11 options in European situations.” Solomon is also ranked as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer in IFLR1000 2017.