Kara O’Connell is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Kara focuses her practice on national and international M&A transactions, private equity, corporate governance, and divestitures. She advises clients in various industries, including software, aviation, cosmetics, construction, real estate, defense and aerospace, environmental services, health care, and manufacturing.
- Signature Aviation in the sale of its Ontic business to CVC Capital for $1.365 billion
- NVIDIA in its acquisition of Mellanox for $6.9 billion
- SAP in its acquisition of Qualtrics for $8 billion
- International Wire in its sale to Atlas Holdings LLC
- EagleTree Capital in the sale of Paris Presents, Inc. to Yellow Wood Partners
- Nine Dragons Paper in its acquisition of the Rumford and Biron paper mills from Catalyst Paper Corporation
- J.F. Lehman in the sale of API Defense USA, Inc. to Kitron, Inc.
- J.F. Lehman in the acquisition and financing of Waste Control Specialists
- J.F. Lehman in the recapitalization of NorthStar Group Holdings, LLC and its subsidiary NorthStar Group Services, Inc.
- Granite Construction in its acquisition of Layne Christensen for $536 million
- Strike Capital in its proposed sale to a SPAC
- Children’s Health in the sale of pediatric primary care clinic assets to Familia Care, Inc.
University of Virginia School of Law
- Managing Editor, Virginia Sports Entertainment Law Journal
University of Montana