Rory O’Halloran is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
He represents U.S. and international clients in a broad range of public and private M&A transactions, including in complex cross-border transactions, joint ventures and unsolicited transactions. His experience also includes special committee representations as well as advising clients on corporate governance matters.
- General Electric Company in the combination of GE Oil & Gas with Baker Hughes Incorporated to create a new publicly traded company.
- General Electric Company in its sale of GE Asset Management to State Street Corporation.
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. in various matters, including in the sale of its IDMS business to FactSet and in the acquisition of the National Stock Exchange.
- PointState Capital in its investment in Argentine energy company Genneia S.A.
- The National Hockey League’s Arizona Coyotes in the sale of 51% of the franchise to Andrew Barroway.
- Pierpont Securities in its merger with Amherst Securities Group.
- ArcelorMittal in its joint acquisition (with Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation) of ThyssenKrupp Steel USA, and in its sale of a 15% interest in its Labrador Trough iron ore mining and infrastructure assets in Canada to a consortium led by POSCO of Korea and China Steel Corporation.
- The special committee of the board of directors of Sprint Nextel Corporation in connection with its evaluation of the unsolicited acquisition proposal submitted by DISH Network and negotiation of the terms of an amended merger agreement with SoftBank.
- Anglo American in various matters including:
- the sale of its Anglo American Norte copper business in Chile to an investor consortium led by Audley Capital.
- its sales to Mitsubishi Corporation and Codelco (the Chilean state-owned mining company) of minority shareholdings in Anglo American Sur (a Chilean copper mining company) and the negotiation of related partnership arrangements.
- its divestiture of its Moly-Cop and AltaSteel businesses to OneSteel.
- NPC International in its sale to Olympus Partners.
- Sun Pharmaceutical in its “going private” acquisition of all of the publicly-held shares of Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories.
- Northgate Capital in its sale of a controlling interest to Religare Enterprises.
- JBS in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation.
- Dow Chemical in its divestiture of Morton Salt to K+S Aktiengesellschaft, and in the divestiture of its Calcium Chloride business to Occidental Chemical Corporation.
- Merrill Lynch in its sale to Bank of America.
- SABIC in its acquisition of GE Plastics.
- Thomson in its divestiture of Thomson Learning to funds managed by Apax and OMERS.
- Citigroup in its acquisition of Grupo Financiero Uno.
Tulane University Law School
J.D., magna cum laude
B.S., magna cum laude
- Member, New York City Bar Association
Awards & Accolades
- Clients tell Chambers that “He is outstanding. He has one of the calmest demeanors I have ever come across.” (2016)