Wilf Odgers is an associate in the Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory practice.
Wilf advises financial market participants on the potential impact of Brexit on their businesses.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its partnership with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and nine of the world’s largest energy traders to establish ICE Futures Abu Dhabi, a new exchange in Abu Dhabi Global Market hosting the world’s first Murban crude oil futures contracts.
- DBAY Advisors Limited on the regulatory aspects of the acquisition of a 51% stake in the trading entities of Eddie Stobart Logistics plc and the associated recapitalisation of the business.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market on its establishment as a financial free zone, including on the legal and regulatory structure of the market and drafting new laws. Awarded “Financial Regulation Team of the Year” at the IFLR Europe Awards 2016 and “Corporate Team of the Year” at the Corporate Counsel Middle East Awards 2015.
- Various clients in relation to policy papers regarding the implications of Brexit for the EU/U.K. financial services sector, in addition to recommendations on the future state of the EU/U.K. relationship.
- U.K. and U.S. financial institutions and corporates on the impact of various developments in European legislation, in particular their cross border impact, including MiFID II and EMIR.
- Institutions and infrastructure providers on new laws and regulations in the U.K. and elsewhere.
- Various financial institutions and corporates on the regulatory aspects of capital markets and M&A transactions, including change in control applications, reporting notifications and thresholds, regulatory due diligence, selling restrictions, financial promotions, rubrics, authorisation and perimeter guidance, capital instrument eligibility, packaged retail and insurance-based investment products.
The University of Law (Moorgate)
Kaplan Law School
BA (Hon) in Philosophy, Politics & Economics