Mary Christina Pennisi is an associate in the Litigation practice.
Fordham University School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Dean’s List
- Fordham Legal Writing Award
- Fordham Urban Law Journal, Associate Editor
- Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law, Staff Editor
- Legal Writing Teaching Assistant
- Moot Court, Jessup International Law Competition Team
- Archibald Murray Public Service Award
Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College, City University of New York
B.A., summa cum laude
- Political Science Konefsky Memorial Award
- Macaulay Best Thesis Award
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Glamour Gals Foundation, Advisory Council Chairwoman
- New York City Bar Association, Foreign & Comparative Law Committee
- Macaulay Honors College, Lawyers Alumni Mentor Program Leader
- Chapter 5. Internationalization of Securities Crimes in SECURITIES CRIMES (West 2013).
- Co-author, “Wading Through ‘Janus’ Two Years Later,” New York Law Journal (Sept. 9, 2013).
- Co-author, “Recent Federal Court Decisions Revitalize The Government’s Civil Enforcement Power Under FIRREA,” 5 Financial Fraud Law Report 596 (Aug. 2013).
- Featured in “Litigator in the Spotlight” by Jan Wolfe, The American Lawyer (Jan. 2013).
- Co-author, “Recent Federal False Claims Act Decision Undermines Attorney-Client Privilege over Certain In-House Counsel Emails,” 5 Financial Fraud Law Report 221 (Jan. 2013).
- Co-author, “Defining and Re-Defining Due Diligence: In Search of a Standard,” NYSBA Inside, Vol. 30, 38 (2012).
- The Global City: Globalizing Local Institutions, 11 J. INT'L BUS. & L. 111 (2012).
- Enforcing International Insurers' Expectations: Can States Unilaterally Quash Commercial Arbitration Agreements under the McCarran-Ferguson Act?, 16 FORDHAM J. CORP. & FIN. L. 601 (2011).
- Co-Author, An Analysis of the Economic/Legal Literature on the Effects of IP Rights as a Barrier to Entry, World Intellectual Property Organization Report (2011).
- A Herculean Leap For The Hard Case of Post-Acquisition Claims: Interpreting Fair Housing Act Section 3604(b) After Modesto, 37 FORDHAM URB. L. J. 1083 (2010).
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Moderator, Charting Your Career in the Legal Industry, Macaulay Honors College (May 3, 2017).