Shaun Pereira is an associate in the International Arbitration practice.
Before joining Shearman & Sterling, Shaun served as a Magistrate / Assistant Registrar and a Justice Law Clerk in the Supreme Court of Singapore.
Recent or pending arbitrations and litigations on which Shaun Pereira has worked include the representation of:
- An international consortium in a dispute arising in connection with the development of a power project in Indonesia. The relevant agreements are subject to SIAC arbitration in Singapore. English law governs.
- The operator of a major infrastructure project in an Asian state in connection with a Concession Agreement and EPC Contract, subject to ICC arbitration in Singapore. The law of the Asian State governs.
- The owner of a petrochemical plant in Thailand in connection with a dispute arising out of an EPC contract subject to ICC rules. Thai law governs.
- A NASDAQ-listed company and a South East Asian company as respondents in the first third-party funded SIAC arbitration in Singapore. The dispute arises in connection with a Share Purchase Agreement and related employment agreements, governed by the laws of Mauritius, Singapore and Malaysia. Approximately USD 50 million is in dispute.
- The Asian founder and the majority shareholder of a NASDAQ listed company as Respondents in an UNCITRAL arbitration administered by the HKIAC in Hong Kong. The dispute arises from a shareholders agreement.New York law governs.
Singapore Management University
- Adjunct Faculty, Singapore Management University
- International Moot Court Program Coach, Singapore Management University
- “Incorporation of Arbitration Clauses by Reference,” 10 Asian International Arbitration Journal 1 (2014) (co-author)
- Contributor and Member of the editorial team, Singapore Law Blog (leading local blog on Singapore court decisions and legal news)