Gaetano Petroni, an associate in the Finance practice.
He was active part in the teams advising Italian and international corporations and financial institutions in connection with some of the most innovative corporate and finance transactions which took place in Italy.
Mr. Petroni joined the Milan office of Shearman & Sterling in 2010, after his graduation from the Bocconi University of Milan. He is admitted to practice in Italy.
- Banca Carige - Cassa di Risparmio di Genova e Imperia (Banca Carige) in connection with its €800 million rights issue
- Blackstone in the financing for the €144.5 million euros acquisition of Valecenter shopping centre (Marcon, Venice) and Airone shopping centre (Monselice, Padua)
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc, UniCredit Bank AG, Banca IMI S.p.A. and Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario S.p.A., in connection with the offering by Manutencoop Facility Management S.p.A. of €425 million 8.5% Senior Secured Notes due 2020, and the lenders, JPMorgan Chase NA, Milan Branch, Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna S.p.A., Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario S.p.A. and UniCredit S.p.A., in connection with a related €30 million super senior revolving credit facility
- Fondiaria-SAI S.p.A. in its €1.1 billion rights offering
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Barclays Bank PLC and Itau BBA USA Securities, Inc. as initial purchasers in a high yield bonds offering of $300 million senior notes due 2019 issued by Codere Finance (Luxemborug) S.A.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Mediobanca and UniCredit Bank AG as Joint Global Coordinators of a syndicate of 27 banks in connection with the €7.5 billion rights offering of UniCredit S.p.A.
- Banca Popolare di Milano S.c. a r.l. in its €800 million rights offering
- The shareholders of Infront Sports & Media on the company’s sale to European private equity firm Bridgepoint. Infront represents more than 120 sports rights holders including seven national football federations, leagues such as the Italian Lega Calcio and clubs such as AC Milan. The company also handles events such as the FIFA World Cup and the FIM Superbike World Championship
- International Chemical Investors Group (ICIG) in connection with (i) the acquisition of the pharmaceutical ingredients activities of Tessenderlo Group, including Farchemia S.r.l. (in Italy) and Calaire Chimie (in France) and (ii) the acquisition of Tessenderlo Partecipazioni S.p.A.
- Mubadala Development Company in connection with the sale of its interest in Ferrari S.p.A., following Fiat S.p.A. exercise of its call option right
The University of Texas School of Law
University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business