Michael Poolton is an associate in the European Finance practice. Michael focuses on lending and other commercial finance transactions, representing lenders, agents, and corporate borrowers in connection with domestic and international lending, leveraged finance, and corporate finance transactions. During his time at Shearman & Sterling, Michael spent six months on secondment at ICE Clear Europe and ICE Futures Europe’s offices in London, where he was involved in a wide range of corporate finance and derivatives work.
- Frigoglass S.A.I.C. in connection with its high yield notes offering of €260 million 6.875% senior secured notes due 2025 by its wholly owned subsidiary, Frigoglass Finance B.V.
- The Joint Global Coordinators, Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Bookrunners in connection with the financing of INEOS Enterprises acquisition of the Ashland Composites business comprising of a secured term loan A and a secured term loan B.
- Trivium Packaging, the joint venture created by Ardagh Group and Exal Corporation, in connection with its asset-based financing facilities.
- AlbaCore Capital in relation to a public-to-private transaction.
- Goldman Sachs International as global co-ordinator, HSBC, Morgan Stanley as arrangers and physical bookrunners and BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank’s London Branch, J.P. Morgan, Natixis and Unicredit Bank as book-runners in connection with a €920 million term loan B financing maturing in July 2026. The proceeds of the term loan will be used to repay SYNLAB’s existing €900 million of senior secured notes maturing in 2022.
- Goldman Sachs and Crédit Industriel et Commercial, as initial purchasers, in connection with Travelodge’s £440 million offering of its senior secured floating rate notes due 2025 issued by TVL Finance (the “Issuer”), an affiliate of Travelodge Hotels. The proceeds of the offering were used to redeem the Issuer’s existing senior secured floating rate notes and its existing senior secured fixed rate notes.
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES, an entity indirectly wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi, in connection with various syndicated and bilateral financings.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Puzzel, a provider of cloud-based contact center software solutions. The seller is private equity firm Herkules Capital.
- ICE Clear Europe and ICE Futures Europe in connection with various corporate finance transactions.
University of Oxford
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Certificat Supérieur de Droit Français et Européen
University of Law
LPC with MSC in Law, Business and Management