Helena Potts is a partner in our Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practice based in London.
Helena has experience across a broad range of restructuring matters having acted for the full spectrum of stakeholders in formal and informal restructurings and refinancings. She has a particular emphasis on advising in high value complex cross-border restructurings and matters involving defined benefit pension schemes.
Helena has experience in a range of sectors including automotive, financial services, leisure, manufacturing, and publishing.
- The creditors committee in relation to the amendment and extension of the circa €530m debt facilities of the ARVOS Group, a manufacturer and supplier of industrial heat exchange solutions.*
- The banks in relation to the circa €900m in debt and equity restructuring of HEMA, the Dutch headquartered retail chain and in relation to the subsequent equity sale of the group.*
- The Lenders in relation to the pre-pack sale of the Prezzo restaurant chain.*
- The creditors committee of Naviera Armas, a Spanish ferry business, in respect of its rescue financing and contingency planning.*
- The anchor investors in relation to the circa €50m new money financing and related €500m restructuring of Dummen Orange, an international floriculture group.*
- The banks in relation to the leveraged and operational facilities in the circa £450m corporate and capital restructuring of the Travelex currency exchange business.*
- The revolving facility lenders in respect of the financial restructuring and refinancing of Matalan, a UK retailer including both consensual and scheme of arrangement implementation mechanics across the capital structure.*
- Brita Romer Group, the UK headquartered child seat, pushchair and bike set manufacturer and distributor, on its circa US$380m in debt and equity restructuring effected by way of UCC Article 9.*
- Savannah Petroleum plc in respect of its investment in, and acquisition of, the Seven Energy group and related bank and bond restructurings.*
- Young's Seafood Group on its business sale to Karro Food Group and the related restructuring and refinancing of its bank and bond debt.*
- Advising a bank in relation to the restructuring of its media content backed borrowing base credit facility and the structuring of the borrowing group's new money and equity investment.*
- Advising an international production and distribution media company in relation to a title and exploitation dispute arising out of multiple insolvency sale processes in the production and licensing chain.*
- The facility and security agent in relation to the restructuring of the Prezzo Group.*
- The strategic bidder in the acquisition and restructuring of Scholz Group, a leading global recycling company.*
- The ad hoc committee of bank lenders in connection with the circa US$1.2 billion financial restructuring of Mriya, a major Ukrainian agricultural business.*
- A fund in relation to the corporate and capital restructuring of a strategically valuable investment manager.*
- An Icelandic bank regarding the repayment of secured debt and the sale of a portfolio of debt and equity assets.*
- The ABI Special Committee of Senior Noteholders in relation to the circa £2.4 billion restructuring of the Punch Group, a publicly listed pub group with a double securitisation structure.*
- A lifestyle company in relation to the restructuring of its European operations.*
- A global print press manufacturer in relation to its financial, and operational and pension restructuring effected by CVA.*
- The mezzanine co-ordinating committee in relation to the £1.1 billion restructuring and scheme of arrangement of the Biffa Group, a UK waste management business.*
- An ad hoc committee of note holders in relation to the restructuring of circa €1.3 billion of notes guaranteed by SEAT Pagine Gialle S.p.A., a publicly listed Italian directories business.*
- The AfriSam consortium, a leading black-empowered construction materials group in southern Africa, in connection with its financial and equity capital restructuring of approximately €1.3 billion.*
- Various funds in relation to domestic and international investment restructuring opportunities and related contingency planning and strategic positioning.*
- Margin loan lenders in connection with realisation and enforcement strategies.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
University of Manchester
Helena is recognised as a key lawyer in Legal 500 UK 2022 for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency.