Tom is a senior associate in the Project development & Finance practice. He focuses on M&A transactions in the infrastructure and energy sectors.
During the second half of 2014, Tom spent seven months on secondment at Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, where he worked on a number of transactions including the acquisition by MEIF 4 of E.ON’s portfolio of regulated and generation assets in Spain (Viesgo).
- Macquarie European Infrastructure Funds 1 and 3 on the disposal of a 36% interest in Brussels airport to a consortium comprising QIC, APG and Swiss Life (ongoing)
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and its consortium partners on the take private of TDC A/S*
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets on the equity arrangements in connection with the acquisition of a 61% stake in the National Grid's gas distribution business*
- First State Investments and Hermes Infrastructure on the acquisition of a 65% interest in the Scandlines Group, a ferry operator in Denmark and Germany*
- Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 5 on its bid for Q-Park N.V, a European car park operator headquartered in the Netherland*
- Macquarie European Investment Fund II on the sale of a 26% stake in Thames Water*
- The selling shareholders on the disposal of a majority interest in Moto, the UK’s largest motoring service area operator to USS*
- Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund on*:
- the disposal of A-Train (operator of the Arlanda Express) to a consortium of investors; and
- the disposal of its portfolio of UK renewables projects (including onshore wind, biomass and landfill gas assets)
- Caisse de De Dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on the sale of a 50% interest in the South East Water group*
- The arrangers on corporate aspects of the financing of a bid for London City Airport*
* Denotes prior firm experience
College of Law
- Solicitor, England and Wales
Tom is ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer by Legal500 (2019).