Ted Randolph is counsel in the Investment Funds practice.
Ted has considerable experience advising on the formation and structuring of private funds, as well as the various legal, compliance and operational matters related to the management and investment activities of such funds and their sponsors and advisers. He assists clients with the formation of US and international hedge funds, funds of funds, private equity funds and venture capital funds. Ted has represented managers of all sizes in the industry, including very large institutional managers with complex structures, family offices and managers launching their first investment fund.
Ted’s practice also includes the formation and representation of advisers, including advice on registration with the SEC and compliance with state requirements, compliance with the marketing and advertising restrictions that apply to registered and unregistered advisers, and the day-to-day operational and compliance issues that impact advisers.
- Advising multiple new managers on (i) launching their initial hedge fund complexes or spinning out their operations from larger shops, including assistance with setting market terms and negotiating with anchor and seed investors, (ii) the structuring of investment funds and operations of the manager, and (iii) arrangements between members of the adviser
- Representing a large adviser on multiple credit fund offerings, including in relation to both multi-investor platforms and multiple single investor funds created with a variety of structures and terms, and on an international joint venture project with a major state-owned investment adviser
- Extensive advice to a major fund complex and a host of other managers on marketing and advertising of fund interests, including rapid turn-around projects for adviser with customized daily marketing materials program
Harvard Law School
West Virginia University
B.S. in Business Administration, summa cum laude
- West Virginia University Outstanding Senior (awarded to less than 1% of graduating class)
- West Virginia University Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarship
- Admitted in NY as “Kenneth V. Randolph III”