Monica Raspino is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Development & Finance practices. Her practice focuses on the upstream and midstream domestic energy sectors. Monica advises and counsels management teams, private equity firms and independents in a wide-range of transactions, including projects, joint ventures, equity investments, mergers, acquisitions, and divestures, midstream commercial agreements and general corporate governance and structuring.
Acquisitions and Divestures:
- Representation of BC Operating, Inc. in connection with the $1.1 billion sale of 70,000 net surface acres in the Permian Basin to Marathon Oil Corporation.
- Representation of EnCap Flatrock Midstream in connection with the $2 billion sale of EagleClaw Midstream Ventures to Blackstone Energy Partners.
- Representation of EnCap Investments and Payrock Energy Management in connection with the $888 million sale of Payrock Energy Holdings, LLC to Marathon Oil Corporation.
- Representation of PetroLegacy Energy II LLC in its $266 million acquisition of roughly 20,000 net acres in northeastern Martin County, Texas from Pioneer Natural Resources.
- Representation of a private equity firm and its portfolio company, a Houston-based exploration and production company, in the acquisition of commonly owned oil and gas properties in the Permian Basin from two separate companies for a total purchase price of more than $211 million.
- Representation of a privately held exploration, production and development company focused on unconventional reserves in South Texas and the Midland Basin in obtaining equity commitments from several prominent hedge funds.
- Representation of a Houston-based private equity firm in connection with an equity commitment in a privately held exploration, production and development company focused on unconventional reserves in South Texas.
- Representation of a private equity firm in reorganization and combination of two portfolio companies involving the departure of existing management teams and placement of a new management team.
- Representation of a privately-held midstream oil and gas company with structuring and negotiating both interstate and intrastate commercial agreements for a new transportation pipeline project in the Delaware Basin.
University of Houston Law Center
J.D., magna cum laude
- Executive Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
The University of Texas at Austin
B.S. in Communication Studies, high honors
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Young Professionals in Energy