Sophie Rees is a senior associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Sophie has broad experience in both corporate transactions and advisory work, including cross-border public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and funds work, equity capital markets, joint ventures and restructurings. She has advised businesses across a range of industries and sectors.
- GE on the $3.25 billion sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent International.
- Boston Scientific Corporation on its pending $4.2 billion recommended offer to acquire BTG plc.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its acquisition of a strategic stake in Euroclear plc.
- Liberty Global plc on its $8.2 billion acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications.
- GE Aviation on the sale of its legacy avionics business to Ontic, a subsidiary of BBA Holdings.
- Bridgepoint on its strategic $100 million investment in Deliveroo.
- Fairfax on its $1.9 billion takeover of Brit plc.
- Bridgepoint Advisers Limited on its £212 million acquisition of Moneycorp from RBS Special Opportunities Fund.
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on its acquisition of Pfaudler Process Solutions Group.
- Irish Residential Properties REIT plc on its €200 Million Initial Public Offering.
- Viacom on its £450 million acquisition of Channel 5 Broadcasting.
- Vitruvian Partners LLP on its acquisition of JacTravel Group.
- Symphony Technology Group on its acquisition of Jobrapido.
- Morgan Stanley Global Private Equity in its sale of Zenith Vehicle Contracts Group Limited to HgCapital.
- Bondholder group on the £1.5 billion recapitalisation plan of The Co-operative Bank.
- Liberty Global, Inc. on its $23.3 billion stock and cash merger to acquire Virgin Media Inc.
- GMT Communications Partners on the €98.5 million refinancing and reorganisation of Melita Group.
BPP Law School
Legal Practice Course (Distinction)
Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
Corpus Christi College, Oxford University